Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

snap ring plier sets

Randy88 ยท 2016-09-22 07:28

Who makes a really good snap ring pliers sets that will do snap rings both internal and external of descent size, all I can find locally are the one's to work on small snap rings. Right now I'm needing one for a three inch shaft, round holes both external and internal.

Replies8
  1. #1Shimmy12016-09-22 08:19

    Randy, I have this one. Very good plier, comes with a bunch of different tips. http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/gea...ing-ring-pliers-extra-large-3152-p-21940.aspx

  2. #2thepumpguysc2016-09-22 08:40

    Personally I like the snap on kit.. inside/outside, curved, straight and multiple sizes.. I don't care much for the ratcheting feature..

  3. #3lantraxco2016-09-22 10:39

    Anything up to about 3 inch no, bigger than that I like the ratchet setup, especially for those 6 inch plus rings that go down inside a bore, lol.

  4. #4gtermini2016-09-22 10:59

    I went ape buying snap ring pliers about a year ago because I was sick of using junk. I started with the snappy set with 4 sizes and 3 tip angles. They are nice and tough. Then I got the Hi-Tech set of 3 with interchangeable tips and reversible direction. The big ones in that set are nice because the ratchet latch open. I found these for giant rings: They are Hi-Tech model 87. $100 +-. They sound like exactly what you need. The 3 plier set is model 1265-K Greyson

  5. #5Former Wrench2016-09-22 11:26

    I have been using a Bluepoint set I got from SnapOn for over 40 years. It has multiple interchangeable bits in different sizes and angles. I never thought of getting anything else to replace it.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2016-09-22 14:51

    WOW.. That Hi-Tech kit is awesome..

  7. #7mikebramel2016-09-23 01:04

    I think the Knipex are the best. A couple of the red handled snap on's have broken. The Kastar threaded snap ring tool is very nice

  8. #8Randy882016-09-24 08:55

    Thanks for the replies, I'll check into the one's listed.