i have broke and returned 3 sets of snap ring pliers that was suppose to be HD sets.....these have been plier and screw type!!!.....who has the best to do from 1" to 3" external rings....could you post what brand and where you got them....thanks:usa
Try Mac or snap-on you can't go wrong with them.
Tried lots of them. These work http://www.colemanequip.com/parts/OTCTools/D32049/156 All others i tried are in another tool box.
Pliers Fifteen years ago I bought a set from Mcmaster Carr. They came two in a plastic case, one large and one small. They are both internal and external, and the change is real simple to make. I have put them through many years of hard use and they have never failed me. I looked on the box and there is no manufacturs name on them. I don't know if MC still sells them but its worth a look.
I would check with mcmaster carr also. I've bought a lot of tools from them over the years and everything has been quality tools. They also sell cheaper stuff but if you spend a little extra you will get an industrial quality tool.
I've been using a set of KD screw type. No issues on my backhoe pin rings.
I agree with ScottAR, KD- Item #3152 Ratcheting set is what I have. They are internal and External with numerous tips. David
Say brother............I'll have to show you mine when I get up there someday.How is that new 550 dump truck doing? The particular pliers that I am referencing I bought just for the snap rings on a 580 outrigger but I have several sets in various configurations.Ron G
Looking forward to seeing the pliers when you get up That 550 is doing great. Just had some Timbren over-loads put on to handle the rough roads around here,you're familiar with them huh I'd like to find out how under rated the axles are on that 550. The truck & me weighs 10,600 and the axle weight max is 7K front and 13,600 rear = 20,660. I'd like to be able too carry 5-yrds of gravel= 15K tops. David
There have been a lot of posts here over the years on the 550,actually all sizes of the the Ford trucks if you do a search for them.I don't know anything about them myself.Actually,Steve,the owner of this board runs them and has made several posts about them in the past.That truck is too purty to be hauling gravel with.Ron G
At $32.00 a yrd I'd rather be hauling my loam, but it's too wet to screen I've done searches on here but not much about the axles. Now that I have posting rites I'm going to post the ? in the Truck forum. David
Snap-On, KD or OTC
got a set from mcmaster carr they seems pretty good so far.....at least i haven't broken them yet....lol