Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snorkel TB 60 turn table issue.

Terryz ยท 2022-08-02 12:13

I have a Snorkel TB60, Ser # JA01089 . The turntable won't function from the platform joystick control. Turntable works as it should from the ground control. Upon inspection there are 2 microswitches and a potetionometer under the joystick control. Is there a procedure to test the potentiometer ? The microswitches can be checked with an ohmmeter. Also what voltage do these operate on or do they control the ground side of the circuit ? Thanks, Terry z

Replies4
  1. #1Txhayseed2022-08-02 23:32

    What voltages are you getting out of B,x,a when you push stick to rotate ?

  2. #2Terryz2022-08-03 09:04

    I am not familiar with with these types of control systems. Do you have a wiring diagram for this circuit ? I don't know which wires represent B,x,a. Thanks for the reply, Terry

  3. #3Tommy Bondo2022-08-03 10:02

    Generally if it's just one function effected from the platform I'd say the wire loom, servo or controller contacts would be suspect. The pots control all functions in most cases. Been awhile sense I've played with any of the Snorkels so rather than type out what each one does I'll refer to an article which explains it. Articles - Adjusting C-Tech Joystick Controllers (ctech-ind.com)

  4. #4Txhayseed2022-08-03 14:00

    I would suspect a new joy stick is probably the solution. Have not had any snorkels around in probably 10 years or so. But when we did we replaced a lot of joysticks. They where still old school tech. As stated they are card and pot controls. Dl the service manual and it will tell you how to set pots to voltage using your multi meter. My experience was always that once you had to start adjusting the pots it was time for a new stick. Adjustments where so finite that you really didn't change much.