Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

UK Info for Turner Powertrain

BillG ยท 2022-08-02 10:56

I am trying to locate a source for transmission parts for an Ingersoll RT-700G. It has a Turner transmission model COM-T4-2029. I have exhausted all of the possible parts suppliers here in the states and only found a bare minimum of the needed stuff. I know that Cat bought them out (or so it appears) but the local dealer has no information. I assume that if they did then they probably used the product in at least some of their machines. Any help is appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1Txhayseed2022-08-03 01:03

    Skyjack bought out ingersoll rands forklift division for reach forks. I could be wrong but ir straight mast where Harlow then Harlow started making machines for deere after ir dissolved. Some one else might confirm or deny but thats what I recall.. But Ive sleept and partied hard since then

  2. #2OzDozer2022-08-03 05:49

    What kind of parts are you seeking? Shafts and gears could be problematic, the Turner factory ceased production of Turner transmissions in Wolverhampton, UK, in 2014 and production was transferred to India. Bearings and seals should be easily acquired from any good industrial bearing supplier. A seller in Poland has a new, complete transmission available for sale, on the site listed below. https://machineryline.com/-/sale/ge...rmec-Turner-Com-t4-2029--20042413363318636900

  3. #3Nige2022-08-03 06:56

    Have you tried this web site.? They might be able to direct you to a spare parts network. https://www.turner-powertrain.co.uk/

  4. #4BillG2022-08-03 09:16

    "What kind of parts are you seeking? Shafts and gears could be problematic, the Turner factory ceased production of Turner transmissions in Wolverhampton, UK, in 2014 and production was transferred to India. Bearings and seals should be easily acquired from any good industrial bearing supplier." Thanks Oz,that is the problem that i have. Very few if any hard parts. "Have you tried this web site.? They might be able to direct you to a spare parts network." Thanks Nige, I contacted them but never received a reply.

  5. #5BillG2022-08-03 09:18

    I was told (via Ingersoll) that Komatsu had purchased the RT division but no luck there either.

  6. #6OzDozer2022-08-03 09:28

    What's the difference between a T4-2029 and a T4-2025 transmission? The company listed below has a reconditioned T4-2025 transmission, which comes out of a CNH, LB75-115 Backhoe. The parts for this reconditioned unit must have come from CNH stock? Could be worth giving them a call. https://truckpartsinventory.com/parts/details/82406287

  7. #7BillG2022-08-03 09:44

    Thanks Oz, I am going to go down that road. That one is for a four wheel drive and the back housing is completely different. That said maybe some of the internals are the same and if so that may be the answer. Thanks again.