Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snorkel TB60 Boom Extend-Retract Cylinder Repair Procedure

GmanVet · 2024-08-05 09:44

I have a late 90's Snorkel TB60 Boom lift and it is spewing hydraulic fluid out whenever I extend or retract the boom. I looked inside the main boom square tube and it's hard to see exactly what's going on in there but it seems to leak worse when retracting the boom but it also leaks when extending the boom. I don't think it's a hose it looks like it is leaking from the cylinder. I'm not sure what the process is to remove that cylinder for inspection and repair and the only repair manual I can find online is $300 or more. I got a quote for $3000+ from a repair shop in my area and that doesn't include transport fees there and back. I am thinking about tackling this repair myself if at all possible. Any advice on this repair procedure would be greatly appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1qrcinc2024-11-13 21:04

    I’m in the middle of repairing the extended /retractor cylinder. It’s like 17 feet long. I finally got it out if I had someone that would do it for $3000 I would’ve had him do it in a heartbeat a lot a lot of work.