Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snorkel tb60 issues

Snorkel issues ยท 2019-09-04 16:56

When you crank it throttle pulsates press pedal and doesnt throttle up. Everthing moves slowly. It's the ford motor duel gas fuel. Sent to a place they said throttle solenoid bad. Changed it then worked fine moved across parking lot blew the solenoid said bad wire somewhere. Any one have ideas on this.

Replies33
  1. #1BillG2019-09-05 16:36

    Which style solenoid, 2 wire or 3? If three then you are working off the pull in winding only and this overheats and blows out quickly when used as a continuous duty. Serial number and which throttle controller that it has would help. Some had a very simple throttle circuit with no controller and others were more complicated with multiple step throttle governing.

  2. #2Snorkel issues2019-09-05 16:51

    Were having trouble even finding it on machine. If it's the part I think I've found its three.

  3. #3Snorkel issues2019-09-05 16:52

    Jas 3 screws on back and then looks like threads goin towards motor with nut on it. Does this sound right

  4. #4Snorkel issues2019-09-05 16:57

    And our machine has the computer

  5. #5BillG2019-09-05 16:57

    Machine serial number? A picture of the solenoid and controller would help. If it's original it is probably a 2 wire solenoid if it is updated/retrofitted it could be anything.

  6. #6Snorkel issues2019-09-05 17:03

    Tb a6orfo...and not sure what it looks like cant find it on machine. I'm worried guy told us some b.s

  7. #7BillG2019-09-05 17:19

    That serial number does not match anything I have. Are you sure it's a Ford and not a GM?

  8. #8Snorkel issues2019-09-05 18:15

    Oh I gave numbers on lift. Let me get with uncle. It's his lift I'm just tech support lol. That's why I'm sucking at explainin .

  9. #9Snorkel issues2019-09-05 18:16

    Oh and I got to thinking. He might have meant the throttle body itself. Could that be possibl .

  10. #10Snorkel issues2019-09-05 18:19

    I'm sure he meant throttle body because ever were I check says machine shouldnt have a solenoid

  11. #11Snorkel issues2019-09-05 18:35

    But motor is ford for sure

  12. #12BillG2019-09-05 18:45

    Again without knowing the serial number it is just a guess, but with a throttle body it will be a later one rather than one with a carb. If the TB motor is failing make sure the ecm is ok before installing a new one. They operate via a pwm signal from the ecm and if the output from the ecm is shorted it can destroy the motor.

  13. #13Snorkel issues2019-09-05 18:48

    Ford LRG-42SI-600S-G four cylinder

  14. #14Snorkel issues2019-09-05 18:49

    We change ecm already. Would a bad new ecm blow throttle body

  15. #15Snorkel issues2019-09-05 18:50

    Fuel injected

  16. #16BillG2019-09-05 19:05

    There is a service bulletin that covers these issues from FPP (Ford Power Products), I will see if I can find it.

  17. #17Snorkel issues2019-09-05 19:07

    Thanks. Appreciate all the help.

  18. #18BillG2019-09-05 19:18

    It is FPP 194-306, the bulletin covers troubleshooting the fuel and electronic systems on that engine. The following url is from Snorkel and gives a breakdown of the components and locations. https://documoto.digabit.com/ui/document/618727 You can (or should be able to find) the FPP 194-306 on the net by Google. I don't have it in electronic form.

  19. #19Snorkel issues2019-09-05 20:33

    I found the one I could google. I ca t get into the other. Username and password required

  20. #20BillG2019-09-05 20:52

    Try this

  21. #21Snorkel issues2019-09-05 21:01

    That work. And on one I googled its carb not fuel injected will that matter

  22. #22BillG2019-09-05 21:09

    Absolutely, carb engines don't have most of the electronics that TBI units do. Also with the ecm you need the correct manual for proper troubleshooting. And manuals are probably the cheapest parts that you can buy when you consider the alternative.

  23. #23Snorkel issues2019-09-05 21:12

    I googled that model number and found a lift with that motor so I assumed it was it. I'll look at motor tomorrow and get exact info...also can I check the codes with personal computer and if so how do I connect it

  24. #24BillG2019-09-05 21:15

    No

  25. #25Snorkel issues2019-09-05 21:18

    Is there a spec to define the blinking codes

  26. #26BillG2019-09-05 21:21

    Read the bulletin that I posted, everything is there. Codes, what it's associated with and how to count the flashes.

  27. #27Snorkel issues2019-09-05 21:23

    I started searching right after I asked lol. Thanks for all the help. I know messing with me been like helping a 5 year old.

  28. #28Snorkel issues2019-09-10 18:48

    New question we bought another lift same kind but diesel theres alot of movement in the body turrent. Is this gonna be a major fix

  29. #29BillG2019-09-10 19:29

    Well, I guess we are back to square one, model and serial.

  30. #30Snorkel issues2019-09-10 19:40

    Lol. I'll have to look. Had it about a week. Runs good. No computer that's a plus.

  31. #31Snorkel issues2019-09-22 18:38

    New question. Hiw hard it be to switch motors and get rid of computer

  32. #32BillG2019-09-22 19:15

    You are kidding correct? Let me give you a piece of advise "CALL A REPUTABLE DEALER". You are getting in way over your head and in danger of three things - 1. Spending a whole lot of $$$$ for nothing. 2. Making an otherwise usable piece of equipment dangerous. 3. Turning an otherwise usable piece of equipment into a scrapyard candidate. Not only the above but after all of this you still have not supplied a serial number.

  33. #33Snorkel issues2019-09-26 18:21

    983895...new question...we changed throttle body. Starts and runs. But now pedal wont work on platform. And you can use controls with out using pedal. Swapped out pedal with other lift pedal works and when you use controls without pedal it bogs down motor and kills it.