I've got an early 2000'S snorkel uno manlier that's recently started to give me problems. The level out bucket function won't work although you can hear the pump run when you push the switch. Also, the boom will extend fine, but won't retract from the bucket control but will retract from ground controls. With this aswell, you can hear the pump engage when you push the switch, just nothing happens. I don't have much experience with hydraulics but have managed to do all my own maintaince and repair, thanks!
*Man lift
Im just trying to start from the beginning but does this machine have a rheostat? It is the speed adjustment dial on the platform control box. If that is turned down too low the functions wont work, or if its malfunctioning you may have issues as well.
It has a rheostat but the speed setting makes no difference in the problems im having. Just an update/better description of the problem im having. The level function of the bucket is the main problem. It is an articulating lift with three booms (lower, middle, and upper) If the upper boom is all the way down, than I can level the bucket up or down fine. As soon as I raise the upper boom at all, the level function of the bucket will stop working. the middle and lower boom height doesnt seem to have an affect on the bucket level.
look on line for the wireing, i have one it has master slave leveling and 12 volt .look at lower boom switch. if all is good from the botton than look at broken wires in the boom .there are spares. a serial number and modle would be good also.
Its a 99' snorkel uno41fo. Serial number 991222 I hadn't thought about the possibility of an electrical problem because when you press the toggle switch to level, you can hear the hyd pump engage. But the problem began after I used the lift for a very high job, and for the first time since I've owned it the machine hight was completely maxed out. This was in winter too so I guess it's very probable that a wire broke inside the boom. Ive found some elec. Manuals and ill go have a look when it warms up
I assumed that all lifts had two separate switches to control each function as a safety. If the switch is double pole then test the switch first before bothering to check the wiring. The problem is more likely at the switch or a connection than inside the wiring with no sign of outside damage, but...
The reason i brought up the rheostat was because if the needle broke off (if equipped) than the dial can spin all the way around in a circle and after it makes a rotation sometimes it will kick out your toggle (non proportional) functions. Sounds like you could possibly have a proximity sensor not functioning correctly or a wire partially broken inside the harness. We had a boom that would work perfectly stowed or extended out about 30' but when it hit that point it would go crazy. We had to tear down the booms and it turned out there was a birds nest in there that got caught in the cable track and trashed the wire harness