Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snow blower attachment

1Foster1 · 2013-10-02 17:39

I have a JD 325 skid steer. I want to put a snow blower on it. I have 22 gpm oil flow. Looking at at 2418 Erskin blower. How can I tell if they will match?

Replies4
  1. #1Bobcatdan2013-10-02 19:18

    Find out what the operating gpm range of the snowblower is. As long as your 22 GPM falls in its range you are good. The closer to the high you are, the better it will work. Now if say the snowblower has a max GPM of 18 or so, you would not want run it as the excessive flow will damage the blower motor.

  2. #2CRAFT2013-10-02 22:36

    "Ohhh Ohhhhhh" …… is it that time of year again, Steve F & KSSS, when we start talking blowers and snow and that white stuff AGAIN ??? …. LOL !!! Welome to HEF 1Foster1 …. hey seeing you are in Manitoba, check out the Buhler/Farm King/Allied Snowblowers while u'r at it or even the Schulte Bx series Blowers, they're both made there ! They have the experience to spec the right one for your machine … with the bonus of going to look at them first, rather than buy off of the web & pictures Cheers

  3. #3Spartan2013-10-07 09:13

    I have a big selection of skid steer snow blowers , a few of which will fit your ss specs. Please don't hesitate to call if you have questions. 1-888-888-1085

  4. #4KSSS2013-10-07 11:35

    I believe the 2418 is high flow and at 22 gpm your in need of a low flow blower. Erskine or quick attach (same company) will match your machine to the correct blower. I agree with Craft, i have a 2400 series blower, its a decent blower to run but in a commercial application, its not HD enough. Depends on what you need. I imagine the price is better on the erskine.