I am looking to find some information on different impeller sizes on front mount snow blowers for compact tractors, I have a 50 hp tractor. 3 point front linkage, I was looking into buying a 51" center driven blower with a 28" impeller, I have been told time and time again that this impeller will take in too much snow for this tractor, so what is the proper impeller size to go with. I my other choices are 26" or 23.5", I am worried that decreasing the impeller size by 2" will not make a big enough difference, do I need to go down to 23/5"? help please.
Don't you have a live PTO? so you can stop when the engine lugs down too much. I don't have any experience with tractor snowblowers so I guess I don't understand the problem?
This is correct, however I also have a number of operators that are not very knowledgeable and don't always know to slow down before plowing into a snow bank, so I need something more fool proof.
Shovel and gloves? Sorry, couldn't resist...
How will the blower be driven, hydraulic or driveshaft?
Around here the Allied brand is sold allot, and IIRC they are made up your way. (don't buy a snowblower made in Lousianna, nor a woodstove) Talking with an old timer that had bought a couple different brands (and found out everything wrong with each design) he settled on the Allied. He said the thing to look for with the plugging is a auger made of a thin steel strip. If the auger is a full sheet to the center, it plugs easily, if a thin stip, when over loaded, the extra snow has somewhere to go. Maybe you buy the bigger impeller model, and change the chain sprocket on the auger to slow it down a bit ? So it doesn't over feed so much.