Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

K&C Grader Attachment

dirtworkmontana · 2014-11-06 22:59

I have acquired the a grader attachment shown below. I could use some help/suggestions/operator manual to get started using it. It looks like a very usable setup, but I would like some help learning the best way to use. Does anyone have any experience with this attachment? Tnx.

Replies9
  1. #1CRAFT2014-11-07 03:11

    Welcome to HEF ! …. dirtworkmontana …. that sure is another interesting version to a grader attachment …… I too would like to see how well this thing works …. looking forward to some of the feed-back you get 1 ….. Cheers …. GK

  2. #2dirtworkmontana2014-11-07 07:33

    Craft...It is an interesting set up. The grader blade (although all manual adjustment) Vee's, U's, straight blade or angles either side. The Vee blade up front is for ???. I suspect that it might be mainly to knock down berms or spreads ahead of the grader blade. Height settings are adjustable by the arms or links (grey in color) that run down each side (just off center). This is the adjustment that I have not had time to work with, and am hoping I can find a manual or talk to someone who has used this attachment. I think it has much possibility......if it works!!!! LOL

  3. #3JNB2014-11-07 09:34

    Wow, I've never seen one of those before. So the hydraulic ram moves the "V" out in front of the wheels? There looks to be a lot of manual adjustment options. Don't know how it works, but I'd sure give it a try!

  4. #4CRAFT2014-11-07 11:44

    dirtworkmontana : …… the "V" out front looks to cut down the middle burms usually built up after years of driving down the same path on a single laned driveway ……. cutting & pushing the extra material into the rutted wheel track grooves, then the rear levels it out, or also pulling the extra material build-up from the out-side bringing it in too to the ruts ….. This is how (by the pics only) it looks to me ??? ……… How wide is this grader ??? …… Man ! …. with the right sized skid-steer behind it it could do some serious reclamation in a single pass !!! Lets see this thing hooked up to a Skid …. maybe a Vid Too !!! …… LOL

  5. #5dirtworkmontana2014-11-07 22:00

    Craft....good point about the use of the V to cut the center of the "two track". We have a 317 JD, and probably undersized for most jobs. Have the option of renting something bigger. This is at an equipment operators program at a 2 year college...great place to work now in my life and had a chance to pick this up8 for the program. When I finally get to use it I will post pictures and a video. Might be spring...our weather is supposed to change this week and the ground may freeze up. Interesting grader...I had the thought that it might possibly be adjustable to set up to put slope on a walking trail or road. I think the blade will set for 8 ft. wide.

  6. #6KSSS2014-11-09 20:14

    I was having a difficult time understanding the purpose of this attachment, but now that you mention two track driveways it makes more sense. I think in the Spring your little Deere would work fine when the ground is soft, come Summer when the ground gets hard it might struggle.

  7. #7dirtworkmontana2014-11-10 19:47

    KSSS,..This "More than Just a Grader" still holds much mystery...which now will have to wait til spring given that winter hit here in Montana. The Vee on the front can be picked up so that the unit only grades with the grader blade (which is adjusted in a "U" position in the pictures. We do some work building and grading walking trails, and I am hopeful I find its niche in that work. The challenge is half the fun, right? Well...at least it will be if we can turn the challenge into success!!

  8. #8hmearth2014-11-11 04:50

    That looks like a great little grader keep us posted on how it goes

  9. #9Yellowdog2014-12-19 11:56

    That attachment looks like the Borg assimilated it! I like it. Low profile, too. For driveways and ranch roads, that thing looks cool.