I know this is probably not the place for this but since its very close to a dozer ill give it ago! lol Has anyone here ever run a snow cat, groomer, what ever you wish to call it? Since winter is very slow in my neck of the woods i may head west and try to land a job operating one of these beasts!
Not too sure about all the resort areas but from what I've heard it's hard to get on around here in Utah.
Take a look around the forums, there's some threads about this very topic.
Cat crew is a pretty coveted job, but every year most resorts take on new drivers. But,Since you are already an operator that gives you a head start. I know Crested Butte has a program that lets you pay for a class, where they give you the basic lesson and you get to ride along with groomers. The hardest part might be figuring out where to go. Every resort has a website and a human resources dept worth checking with. The thing to remember is that everything in a resort town is seasonal or temporary and most of the people living and working there are transient, so the point is you just have to be at right place at the right time. Let me know if you want any colorado info.
The first link is a thread I started about my snowcat job this last winter. Have a look. This link is to another thread, DuraMaxMan posted quite a few more pictures than I did. And another thread with pics from another member grooming at Vail.
dont mean to dig up this grave but to those of you who have ran one how hard are they to operate?? are they similar to a dozer??