Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Snow Plow 2013

Curbster ยท 2013-02-10 18:32

Well, it's been a slice, and I'm slowly learning about these new-fangled machines, but don't know too much yet! Not that I ever did, but..... ointhead

Replies6
  1. #1Curbster2013-02-10 18:42

    Maybe a few more. Especially the area where there used to be a steering wheel!

  2. #2snowpeke2013-02-11 20:25

    I've only ran old graders. How cool to run one like that!

  3. #3biggrader2013-02-27 20:59

    Nice pics. I have never run a wing with serrated blades on them. Guessing that it could get a little aggressive if your not careful?

  4. #4Curbster2013-03-02 14:40

    We use type of cutting edge for snow and ice only. It really cuts through the ice and hard packed snow if you roll the main blade downward a bit. Also leaves enough gravel and sand on the road - where it has been previously sanded, for pretty good traction. They don't work very well for gravel grading though. Probably lots of different applications for different types of grading and I'm sure some other operators have used them in different situations. They last pretty good if you don't use excessive down pressure. I don't use "float" very often as you can go "diving" in a hurry when you hit the softer spots!

  5. #5Grader4me2013-03-08 09:12

    Kind of wondering about that type of blades on the wing as well....

  6. #6Curbster2013-03-11 08:05

    Both wing and main blade have doubled up edges on them. Not single segments but two lined up together, so each blade has four pieces instead of two. This really gives them extra life - depending upon operator usage, as you can still burn them out pretty fast if you get too aggressive. This company maintains a 12km ski hill road that becomes very glazed with traffic and excessive braking by the whiz kids who consider it to be another downhill racetrack. These blades leave traction material on the road instead of a smooth flat blade result.