I used to use a unimount plow on my 1845c to plow my driveway. For the most part it's worked fine. Then I swapped it over to my new S650. I had to make a couple changes to it to make it work and it got me through last winter, but it was obvious it needed some improvements. This presented me with a chance to go way overboard. Challenge accepted. There were several things I wanted to fix about the plow 1. The unimount pivot point are notoriously weak point. I've already fixed mine twice (pics). 2. The angle speed was crazy fast and hard to control. 3. It tripped far to often when pushing into snow banks. 4. Hydraulic cylinder didn't like the psi of the new machine.
First issue was to build a new nose pivot for the frame. I vaguely copied the updated version of the western ultramount. Funny even western knew the unimounts were weak. Start with some scrap steel and a very large bolt.
Cut the old nose off and weld the new pivot onto the old frame.
Next I needed to build an entirely new quadrant from scratch.
Nice job,neat and clean, slap some paint on it and it'll look factory!
Then add some hydraulics. Cylinders are dual action and 2.5 times the volume to slow the turn. Mounting points here were critical to get at least 30 degrees of turn with 10 inches of travel.
Then add some brackets for quad springs and dual shocks. And finally some paint.
I've been working on this part time for the last couple months. This weekend I put it all together and tested it out.
Here a before and after to really show the difference. And a video of it in action (well working at least, we don't have snow yet).
Great job !!
Fantastic