Just a few pics of my 140M AWD at its best.
Yair . . . hotrod49er Stunning pictures for me living in the subtropics, there is a strange surreal quality to that landscape. Thanks for posting. Cheers.
Just a little bit of snow...
Haha scrubpuller no what your saying.today when it was 45c and 80 humidity, makes me feel cooler for ten seconds,I have never personally seen snow, closest thing have cone across is emptying an esky on the ground! Might try and stream the winter Olympics at work for mental relief! Nice pics hotrodder, have the rippers been pulled of the machine for any particular reason??
Plowing that stuff at night during a snow storm feels very surreal. Dream like until something breaks.
Thoughs are some awesome snow plowing pics hot rod I see all the snow is in Iowa right now we haven't had much snow in South Dakota here since first part of December was out a lot in December haven't done hardly any in January here's a couple of pictures I got from when I was out plowing .
Do you run V plows all the time or just after a large snow. We run one ways most of the time and dig out the V after a big dump
Here is how we do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHg_x7l88OM And i am in the first L110..
I run my v plow all the time since I don't have a one way I carry the v with me even if I don't need it like the extra weight up front holds ya on the road better while winging snow back.
"Here", most of the municipalities use V-plows on the front. Carry them all the time. When they get into the small villages, the operators usually drop the blade somewhere in town so that they have better visibility. However, lots of the commercial guys run one-way blades for contract snow clearing. Andrew
We usually run with one-ways but after we had the blizzard the v plow stays to help push up snow onto bench and for weight. Ripper was never on this unit got it new August 2010 with 2 hrs. on it. Now it has 2900.
Cat 140M AWD nice pics and I sure like the looks of the black front V-plow. Been in the blade everyday for last 6 weeks. I just love winters like this one. Plow snow off 1 day push back another then the wind blows. Job security!!!!
Thanks Hotrod49er the black you see is spray on graphite always put that on to keep the snow from sticking on the plow and that's my kind of winter to love staying that busy you work for the county or township?
County of Fayette in Northeast Iowa. 21 years here running Grader and 8 years finish blade for construction company. Better than cutting brush any day.
I gotcha I'm working for 3 different townships that own there own machine I'm running 2 2013 cat 140m AWD2 and one 2004 john deer 772CH I'm in minhaha couty in SE South Dakota I've ben running blade for 7 yrs now and will be turning 22 this May how you like that M I love the ones I'm running
I really enjoy operating them, no issues so far. This thing is a snow plowing monster.
What I learned or works best for me after benching and getting drift off the road is getting the wing set to desired height and benching in 6th gear and do not look at the wing just drive straight and not too big of a bit. Throw that snow over the top of ridge.
That's good I enjoy plowing snow with the M to got lots of power and the weight to move the snow after I get the snow off the road I slope all my drifts like you would slope a fence line doing dirt work the snow has a better chance to keep on going instead of leaving a sharp edge on your snow bank then it catches snow and just gets deeper that's what works best for me.
Not much snow, but a nice view yesterday.
Great picture, looks about the same as here yesterday. CD
MKTEF, Is that an airport runway?
That is a nice view. Another 3-5 inches here in Iowa with 30mph winds tomorrow. Roads are about down to one and half lanes now.