Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

So much for that…

Welder Dave ยท 2020-10-09 00:16

Finally made it out to my land with the MX and oval tracks. Stopped by the operating engineers training center to check on their schedule when a grader could come to finish the slope on the oval track. Can't send the grader anymore this year. Appears to be a 180 from a couple weeks ago when they said shouldn't be a problem once they slow down with training. Apparently other neighbors are wanting work done and they're not allowed to do anymore offsite work. I've been digging clay for the track. Have to see if I can get the county grader now. Wouldn't be surprised if the neighbor with the car chasing dogs was involved. Seemed a little cold because I would have thought the guy might have said something like I'm really sorry but we won't be able to send a grader back to your track. Plan B I guess.

Replies2
  1. #1mitch5042020-10-09 00:32

    He might have gotten fussed at for doing it. I don't know why they would do it, I could see if they used it to give students real world experience, but I don't see what they got out of sending an instructor.

  2. #2Welder Dave2020-10-09 00:57

    They were slow and not enough students registered for training when he first came. The instructor was going to ask if the oval track could be used for advanced training as it would be great for teaching students how to keep a consistent grade. They also don't have a water truck so I was going to let them use my water truck to control dust at the training facility which is a big problem.