Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

So the metal building price increases begin.

Georgia Iron ยท 2018-03-25 21:51

I am probably a day late with this, but if any of you guys need a carport or a metal building the time to get it is now. We are getting hit with price increases. So if you are looking for a building here in the USA we are getting a 20 to 25 % increase due to the tariffs ... They may even go higher.

Replies2
  1. #1PJ The Kid2018-03-26 08:36

    Of course now that I am planning on building a 80x90 or 100x100 in the next 6 months, the prices are going to sky-rocket. Not to get political, but I'm still not sure what to think of the tariffs. In a way I like theym because it helps American steel, but I don't like that it reduces competition making it a monopoly where they can do what they want withthe price like they did with insurance.

  2. #2Crummy2018-03-26 09:38

    Nucor should be pretty well positioned for this with their buildings & domestic steel production. When I was a dealer/erector it was near impossible to compete with offshores on price. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.