Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

So you bought a cushion tire forklift, but all you have is gravel….

crane operator ยท 2021-01-06 00:23

Spotted picture with this for sale.

Replies10
  1. #1lantraxco2021-01-08 21:45

    Isn't that special!

  2. #2skyking12021-01-08 22:02

    the stupid, it stings! Anybody who knows forklifts also knows its those damn pizza cutter steer tires that get you stuck.

  3. #3lantraxco2021-01-08 22:54

    I have a Clark CY50B, probably one of, if not the only model series ever built with matching front and rear tires. The balance is unmatched.

  4. #4willie592021-01-08 23:01

    LoL, someone excelled their creativity with that Toyota, including the paint markings.

  5. #5hosspuller2021-01-08 23:09

    Yup ... Had to have our propane forklift with the dual front wheels winched out on a regular basis over the years I was responsible for it. Every time, the steer wheels were sunk, and the truck was sitting on the counter weight. Gravel/mud in the Winter, soft asphalt in the Summer. We (Factory) got taken by the Clark salesman. I campaigned for a Case construction lift but diesel not allowed inside the plant. Job was moving product from production to outside storage.

  6. #6willie592021-01-08 23:26

    In that case a better alternative would be a pneumatic tire machine as the steer tires would be a little bit bigger (footprint) than cushion tires, but still not ideal for soft terrain, just a bit better. But hey, as the saying goes, **** flows downhill, so that makes it impossible for those of us in the septic tank of pecking order to make decisions on just what downhill path the crap flows.

  7. #7skyking12021-01-08 23:38

    I have a pneumatic Cat that does well enough on my grass.

  8. #8Flat Thunder Channel2021-01-09 01:00

    Haha....I received homemade pneumatic tires for my old Hyster when I purchased it. I still have them. I never planned to use it realistically off concrete, but may throw them on once for an entertaining test. I'll be sure to have to bobcat available for this test. I believe they are Ford focus rims with superduty F250 centers reversed and welded in the rim. A+ for creativity. It outta be worth a laugh out two

  9. #9bunkclimber2021-01-11 08:21

    for a dual drive wheel forklift, chains on the outside drive wheels work good across grass and dirt..the inner wheels and tires are usually pretty close to the frame and don't have the clearance to run chains on the inners..we put a set on our small Hyster 4K lift,just running the outside wheels with chains and it goes anywhere..even in snow..pushed 3ft snowdrifts one year with it

  10. #10bunkclimber2021-01-14 07:33

    we tried to find a set of outer dual wheel adapters for the H40 Hyster initially, Hyster dealer wanted $1800 EACH for them new,didnt even include lugnuts..I asked if they'd throw a forklift in with that invoice..so we made a set of adapters,it took a lot of work but we dont get stuck anymore..and dual drive wheels on a small forklift provides much greater stability..much more.