Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Solenoid Air control for PC75UU2

mike69440 ยท 2013-05-02 23:08

Any alternatives than the local Komatsu dealer? Need parts for For PC75-UU2 engine model *4D95L-1FF solenoid 168763 Komatsu PN 600-815-7550 Item #1 Also need linkage Ball Joint for above Air Solenoid, Item # 8 Komatsu PN 6204-81-9640 Can old ones be rebuilt?

Replies8
  1. #1lantraxco2013-05-02 23:48

    It's a fuel shutoff solenoid. If you don't mind Chinese you can buy one off Ebay for about $50 including shipping. For the ball joint measure the threads and check a good industrial hardware or bearing house, or do an online search for "metric rod end bearing" Should be able to find one for ten-twelve bucks.

  2. #2komtachi2013-05-15 14:27

    if you havent been sorted i can get you these parts

  3. #3mike694402013-05-15 21:49

    I had looked on e-bay, must have posted shortly after I looked or I missed it! I wonder what an OEM one goes for?

  4. #4lantraxco2013-05-16 00:33

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Stop-S...su-Mitsubishi-shut-off-solenoid-/160805582744 My guess would be $300 or more, but I could be wrong.

  5. #5mike694402013-05-17 22:42

    Bet your correct. Ordered E-Bay special today.

  6. #6willie592013-05-17 23:00

    It don't matter if we guess $300 bucks or $3,000 bucks from Komatsu. All I can say (with much experience with Komatsu parts prices), you sure as hell ain't gonna get that solenoid from Komatsu for $28.50.

  7. #7wedigskook2013-05-19 23:51

    I have one that I believe is bad on my 2000 pc75uu-2 I opened the inline fuse holder and the fuse was blown so I replaced it but it blew out right away. I don't know if its cuz the selonoid is bad or there is a short?

  8. #8lantraxco2013-05-20 00:05

    Should be a plug connector close to the solenoid, if there is, disconnect and try another fuse. If it doesn't blow, solenoid is cooked. ONE THING TO BE ABSOLUTELY SURE OF WHEN WORKING ON THIS SOLENOID, OR REPLACING IT! MAKE SURE THE SOLENOID LINKAGE ALLOWS THE PLUNGER TO PULL ALL THE WAY IN PLUS A HAIR MORE SLACK!!!!! There is a "Pull in" coil that draws several amps, when the plunger pulls all the way in it opens a switch so the current drops down to maybe an amp through the "Hold" coil. It the switch doesn't open, the excess current will quickly kill your new solenoid! (Please be kind and do not ask how I know this) :Banghead