Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Solenoid valve

Mikeyp756 · 2019-04-20 16:03

On my hitachi ex120-2 swings slow. I’m trying to check the swing solenoid valve. Got the solenoid off but can someone tell me how to pull the valve out of the valve body. Nothing to grab onto.

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2019-04-21 04:02

    Good day The attached comes from a EX100 most likely the same, may I suggest you switch it with one of the other valves for trouble shooting. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Mikeyp7562019-04-21 13:53

    Uffex, thanks so much for your reply. I just swapped the swing hose with the travel and it worked. Now I just have to get that sleeve out. Is there a trick to it? Because prying is not working. Or can I buy a sleeve and put it at the spare space?

  3. #3uffex2019-04-21 14:01

    Good day We believe age sleeve should come out its only "O" rings holding these but may we suggest the issue is possibly that of the solenoid and not spool, if the spool is free it may be just the electrical part not pulling. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Mikeyp7562019-04-21 15:51

    Thanks Uffex but I did try swapping solenoid wires. Wouldn’t that have worked also?

  5. #5uffex2019-04-22 04:47

    Good day Mike Yes that would work if the fault was one connected to the signal but if the actual solenoid was the issue it we suggest a good idea to switch that with a known good unit. Often you can feel if these are working if you power them of and on. Hope that helps good luck. Uffex

  6. #6Mikeyp7562019-04-22 11:18

    Thanks Uffex turned out to be the spool. I ordered a new set. I’ll probably check back with you later I think the hydraulics were running hot. Thanks for your help.

  7. #7uffex2019-04-22 13:21

    Great you got it sorted KR Uffex