I got a call yesterday from a friend asking if I had heard anything about performance complaints on these models of Cat excavators. Apparently to get some kind of guaranteed fuel performance Cat has turned down the engine RPM which has killed the machine performance. My thoughts are that the engine torque specs won't hold the flows up at the lower RPM level. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Lower rpms than my 314E machines? I love rumours. The newer generation machines have a lower fast idle, along with more emissions controls, and sound deadening. My 314E machines have the same cycle times as my 314D machine. But, they "feel" different (rumble, shake, vibration..whatever you want to call it). And they'll run circles around my 314C. You really want to feel a difference...325F (4cyl) vs 320E (6cyl).
Like kobleco from 6cylinders to 4cylinders Engine is not power enough.and diesel pump and injectors is very easy broken .parts expensive anyway not good thing happen except they said save fuel
What I was told was that those two machine's high idle was 1,800 and dropped to 1,400 and the machine won't get out of their own way. I was told the machines used a 4.4 engine. I didn't know the 325F models went to a 4 cylinder. I don't understand the move from 6 cylinder inherently balanced 6 cylinder engines to 4 cylinder inherently unbalanced 4 cylinder motors. To stop the vibrations they have to add a balance shaft to the 4 which eats up fuel.
I agree 110%. My 325FL with 4 cylinder will work circles around my 321DL 6 and use a lot less fuel. The 325FL is smooth as glass, quicker and stronger than our 321. I was skeptical of the 4 cy in the 325FL however the machine was on a 6 month rental purchase so if we didn't like it we had time to decide. It didn't take long to be impressed. John our 325FL uses roughly 15-20% less fuel than our 321DL 6 cy.
Thanks for the input on that the 325F. It's kind of sounding to me that there is something wrong with the two machines that have been reported to me so far. Do you know which engine is in the 325FL?
Our 3245FL has a C4.4 Acert. I believe the 313F and the 315FL shares the same engine as well at the K series Dozers. The 4.4 is a popular power plant across Cat's lineup.
How much Urea does your 325FL consume? I swear mine uses 2.5 gallons every 3 days.
That's about what ours burns. It burns a DEF tank for every 2-3 fuel fill ups or about 3 days of work. I'll ask my super how much ours is actually burning. We get the 2 to a pack 2.5 GAL jugs delivered to our yard. Only have 2 pickups and the 325 using it.