Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

solid tires/ foam tires

hjetty ยท 2010-09-03 18:25

alrighty, whats the best ones thanks for any input who makes the best

Replies3
  1. #1frogfarmer2010-09-04 14:43

    I have run both doing asphalt and neither one last very long. Foam filled seem to ride smoother. For the cost we just buy standand tires and sell the cores to a retreader. Tried retreads also they lasted a little longer but realized no real benefit. Due to the clean enviroment we work in I can go through a set of tires and never have a flat. Maybe somebody who works in demo will have more info.

  2. #2tightgtp2010-09-18 09:28

    for what it's worth stay away from solid tires. i have a customer that runs them due to the environment, also run on blacktop all day. i have seen most of their machines frames cracking around the axle housing. one machine has had both chain cases outer frames completely broken out.

  3. #3Z'mnypit2010-09-20 14:07

    Not to mention it will beat you to death.. I had foam filled tires on a 743 and it was the roughest riding skidsteer I have ever operated. Give you a headache after a couple min