I'm Trying to change out the deluxe digital keyless start to the regular turn key start. I used the down grade feature before removing the keyless start. Now I need to unplug the keyless and plug in the turn key panel. My question is: Do I unplug the keyless panel directly from the back of the panel, This will leave the black box behind it hooked up. Or do I unplug it from after the black box. This will remove the black box with the keyless panal.? I've tried both ways already and my machine will not turn over. It keeps giving me a code 34-04 (Deluxe panel no communication to Bobcat controller) So am I doing something wrong here? I thought all I needed to do was use the down grade feature and then just plug the turn key start in and go!!! I don't want to mess anything up trying to do this. I'm working this weekend and I need my machine running, Can anyone please help me out here. Thanks :Banghead
I have asked our bobcat salesman in the past if you can change them out and he said you can only upgrade to the key less, you cant downgrade. He said you cant do it because of the computer in the machine. It makes sense to me because if you could just swap them out, then what is the point of having key less to help keep the machine from getting stolen. But heck, like most salesmen he might not know what hes talking about.
I really appreciate you asking your sales men and the reply Man, But I don’t think he’s correct. The down grade feature on the keyless start system was designed so if you wanted to change to a turn key system you could. The reason for a master code on a keyless start system is so the owner can lockout some of the selections like (down grading). If your unable to access the down grade feature, Then the computer wont accept anyone trying to install a turn key system. This is just info I’ve gathered form reading through the manual…. But I’m no expert, If I’m wrong about this, Please someone correct me. But I’m still lost here guy’s. After I posted this I went back out to the barn and tried other things that didn’t work either. So please, if anyone’s out there that can help me… I’d appreciate it. Thanks
Replacing Keyless with key I would also like to change out my panel with a keypad I have on hand. I did not try to use the down grade feature yet. Please let me know the steps you take to complete it. Thanks Jeremy
Opps I meant to say replace my keyless entry panel with a key panel.
Sounds like I'm not the only one having issues with the keyless start.
When you press the downgrade function I thought it would disable the Panel. So I'm a little hesitant to try it. Were you able to get any further?
After I pressed the down grade function, That was the last time my machine ran. I truly thought after down grading all I had to do was plug in my new turn key system and I'd be back in action. I wouldn’t try it If I was you.....Unless someone on here reply’s with a solution to my problem. I really hope everyone that’s helped me in the past is on vacation for the holiday weekend. Because this is the first problem I've ever had that someone on this great website hasn’t replayed with an answer. Thanks’
When you plug the deluxe back in does it work at all? Usually if you plug a deluxe panel in and turn it on and off a few times it kinda installs itself, than try downgrading again. If that doesn't work you could always get your local dealer to use their laptop to downgrade the deluxe panel for you.
When upgrading to a keyless panel, you need to tell the computer in the machine you have upgraded, so I would have though you would have to do the same if you were downgrading to a key start. You local dealer should have a remote start tool to do this...
afaik when you install the keypad you also program the computer to accept that particular keypad. i understand it is installed this way as a security feature otherwise to 'borrow' the bobcat all you would need to do to bypass the keypad is fit a key ignition. to revert back to a key igntion i am pretty certain you will need to go back to a dealer and get them to reprogram the computer to delist the keypad panel. i have no idea what downgrade does, i was advised not to go there so i never have. fitting a keypad is no upgrade except perhaps in a salesman's figure of speech... fwiw why dont you just unlock the machine? that way you dont need to enter a code or have a key.
Guys- New to the site (just registered!) but have found this so useful I decided to sign in. I bought a 2004 S-185 with keyless start (first for me). After purchasing the machine would run fine for a few hours at first and simply cut out completely (almost throwing me through the cab door while pushing snow in our driveway...GRRR!). Something had to give. Sweet talked my local bobcat dealer and he gave me the master code. I ordered a used key start from ebay (100) and installed. No problems at all and worked great. Here is the process: Log in, push master code, find "downgrade" and enter code again before pushing. After selecting downgrade, immediately it shuts down. Hook up key and "bingo" it worked great. Hope this helps and a key sure as heck beats all of the gadgets and buttons on the farm! Thanks for all of your help guys!
Did you ever get the answer to this? My "downgraded" S650 is lifeless now. Not sure what to do. The dealer says to bring it in.... meanwhile its 8300 pounds of deadweight in some gravel and dirt not very accesable by tow truck.
I know this is an old thread, but it hits on Google and i figured i would answer this question here. I just did this on my 2003 T200. The Dealer had to come out and calibrate the body module to remove the keyless panel. There was actually a step by step prompt in the remote start software to handle this situation. He was on site less then 30 minutes including swapping the panel over. Machine works perfectly with the Key panel now. Also We looked at the little black box mentioned here as well, neither of us were sure. Left it installed and have no issues.
H Hi there, new to this site. Is your machine still sitting or is it all going now?, because I have the same exact problem with mine and I’m wanting to see if anyone has figured it out.. thanks
You need to have the body module coded by a dealer.
Tha Hi there Would you know if your dealer had a tool or something to do the coding with? I’m hoping that it will be something I can do without a dealer reason being is that there are no bobcat dealers where my Machine is in the Cook Islands. Thanks