I really appreciate the condolences and nice thoughts from members on here. With all the stuff that has to be done after someone passes, especially a spouse, you don't really have much time to grieve their loss. It has been about 2 1/2 weeks and I'm doing OK but it still feels surreal. One or actually several comments made on Debi's obituary are really comforting. They reinforce what I knew from the first time we met that she really was an angel on earth. She worked in Healthcare for over 45 years doing staffing, hiring, orientation, front reception and as the administrative assistant for many years. Talking with the administrator of the long term care facility she worked, he said everybody knew her and she was the face of the facility. The facility just finished a multi- million dollar addition. I think over 300 beds and hundreds of employee's. They all knew her including the cleaning staff and security guards. A room was set up where staff could leave notes about her in a booklet. I'm sure there will be many more comments similar to the ones in her obituary. I look forward to reading them. They really do help to remember what a special person she was! I really miss her.
I understand how difficult such loss is. I've dealt with it a lot through the years. Parents, and friends. The worse loss ever was my dog, and I'm in tears now about it just like it was yesterday, and that was 5 years ago. So very sorry about your loss and what you are going through.
22 years was short but you have a lot of good times to look back on & with friends & family to share there's a lot of happiness she left over the sadness. Take it easy Dave
Have had to put a few dogs and cats down. It's really hard to cope with too.
In My Father’s house are many mansions ; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. this I hope brings you some comfort. So sorry for your loss
We had the Celebration of Life on her birthday, Sep. 16, and I think Debi would have been delighted. I had forgot about the book where staff could leave notes. It was put on a table with some of her things. I still have to go through it. There's about 150 notes in it! She was well loved by everybody. Her super power was making people happy.
The things you find out about a person at their funeral, parts of their lives they'd never mentioned, and old friends that come along and have stories you've never heard... And you can feel the love people have for them, talked about in a way that doesn't happen at birthdays or weddings. Not been to a celebration of life before Dave, but I imagine it has some real nice memories and thoughts going on about your loved one and will be a day to remember.
Most of the people there worked with her. A lot she hired. Even her family Dr. came and talked about her. It's not going to be the same without her.
Good job, sounds like just what she would of wanted.