Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some lowboy equipment pics (some old and some new)

powerjoke ยท 2013-11-16 13:13

Thought I would post up some pics of my lowboys and pintles,...... I ran for a long time without having lowboys and just hired my hauling I can't seem to get them to post in order of acquisition ...... The order is..... 1st is in pic4 2nd is in pic 3 3rd is pic 2 4th is in pic 1 5th is in pic 5

Replies9
  1. #1powerjoke2013-11-16 13:17

    These posted in order for some reason Pj.

  2. #2nedly052013-11-18 05:36

    Some sweet trucks and trailers! How was the kaufman company to deal with?

  3. #3JBGASH2013-11-18 07:16

    Rick, Nice looking outfits, I am going to be in the market for a 3-axle lowboy. Do you like the Talbert over the others?

  4. #4powerjoke2013-11-18 12:57

    They're all about the same to be honest they all do the same job, I dislike the 60"axle spread because of the increased tailswing and turning radius and the fact that Missouri doesn't recognize the addtl weight cappacity like other states. Pj

  5. #5Colorado Digger2013-11-20 11:28

    It looks like most of your trucks are Kw's, then you have the Pete and the WS. Do you prefer any badge out of the lot? I have a 86 w900 that I am working on. It has a 13 speed and a Cat 425 mechanical motor. I am wanting to get an end dump and lowboy for it. These pics are interesting to me. thanks Regards, CD

  6. #6powerjoke2013-11-20 11:37

    No real preference it's just whatever I find that I like when I need it ...... As long as it's not a Mack at least lol. I also have a few frieghtliner jobbers (fl60-70-80-90 etc.) that we get along with pretty good I've got one that rides so rough that it's actually broken the needles off the gauges and they've painted toothpicks orange and superglued them on the gauge lol.... Trucks only got 200k but is rough as hell, never broke it in half yet either tho

  7. #7powerjoke2013-11-20 11:56

    Couple more pete pics for ya the black one is going tone my next lowboy project, I wouldn't mind swapping in a 650hp marine motor lol. The old black kW was bought for a parts truck 3406b with a 1400lb 13spd,...... also if you pay close attention to the stacks on ole 'yeller multiply The new white superduty rollback was used ONCE and when I figured out an f550 wouldn't handle a SD-40 roller I bought a frieghtliner lol The white pete is one of my old trucks I sold it about a year ago, seemed like we never drove it because the sleeper was always in the damn way. And as far as the old cab over ...... Yeah I musta been drunk or something cuz i don't remember ever wanting it lol, we chopped the 13spd and B/C4 out of it just for spares and smashed the rest Pj

  8. #8jca57jd2014-03-03 15:39

    Is that Chevy a 5500? If so how do you have brakes on that Kaufman trailer pulling the track loader? What are you weighing in at, in that picture?

  9. #9powerjoke2014-03-03 21:47

    a very high quality brake controller, its an electric brake trailer. not sure about the weight. never had to be told what i weighed lol while i got the thread here i might as well post up a couple more the red pete is what the blue one in the previous post transformed into pj