Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some Manitou Pics in action – or stuck

Framer ยท 2010-01-30 00:09

Some pics taken over the days - Jibs make Life easy Actually got out of the mud on that one without help :canada:

Replies10
  1. #1gettindirtyintx2010-01-30 00:23

    cool pictures man! Always neat too see differrent kinds of construction around here! -Adam-

  2. #2Cat is ALL2010-01-30 00:35

    Good variation of pictures. (stuck in mud to dead of winter) haha

  3. #3Speedpup2010-01-30 09:05

    could you push out with boom to get out of mud? We need more pictures here of machines!

  4. #4Framer2010-01-30 09:41

    Had to push. That time I had to push. Sometimes its just a matter of re adjusting you're boom. Up, down, forward, tilting corrector. The only time I've got her stuck is when I tried to drive thru a massive snow drift and it got up to the undercarriage. As for the snow; it's easier for you're body to work in the cold than it is in the heat. I'll take 20f and sunny over 90 f and humid 12 days a week. And the other good part of snow is that during the winter you're machine doesn't tear up the ground, and no mud ever gets on you're feet and dragged into the work area.:canada

  5. #5barklee2010-01-30 10:07

    Is that a 10,000 machine? Any trouble retracting the boom? Nice lookin machine.

  6. #6Speedpup2010-01-30 11:35

    I'll take 90 some shade and a cool drink over 20F:drinkup I was surprised when I first got a Lull that is was not that great in the snow even with new tires.

  7. #7Framer2010-01-30 19:35

    Never a problem retracting the boom. Had some problems with the third boom section working erratically. Think it's electronics though. Don't use the third boom section very often. The boom is different than most. There is no chain to speak of and the first boom goes out before the second boom goes out. Both are pushed by a hydraulic cylinder of diminishing size. The third boom is on a separate switch and won't deploy without pressure on the stabilizer. Reliable so far up to 1500 hrs had a joystick switch go, and the starter, and a problem with one hose. Had a computer problem at the start which was fixed under warranty, didn't screw me cause there was another machine on the site.

  8. #8Framer2010-01-30 19:38

    yep, 10'000 lbs capacity. 2000 full out in front of it, and 6000 @ 54'6 up. Machine only weighs 24500 lbs

  9. #9Framer2010-02-06 21:02

    What not to try to lift with forklift. Forklift really makes it easy to set up though:canada

  10. #101andonlyrog2010-05-20 15:39

    nice pics there! iv had my manitou stuck many times normaly with a trailer on tho!