Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

some more of the box spreader

hoeman600 ยท 2008-07-30 19:36

day 2 with the stone box

Replies9
  1. #1stretch2008-07-30 19:43

    I saw one of those on a Trojan loader the other day...I thought it was an asphalt spreader, unless they make those too?

  2. #2hoeman6002008-07-30 19:58

    saw this one on my way moving to pa from cali

  3. #3hvy 1ton2008-07-31 00:28

    I've seen smaller ones on the front of graders, but never in front of a dozer. The ones for graders work sweet for spreading gravel. I can only image those work better, bigger is better afterall.

  4. #4Bellboy2008-07-31 13:49

    Interesting way of spreading it. Different.

  5. #5Senator215i2008-08-05 07:00

    i think there would be some issues with OHS with old mate sittin' on top of the box in the first pic

  6. #6fensoncont.2008-08-10 00:09

    Did you take the pic of the D9 in Ohio? If so that is Anthony Allega Cement Contractor. That setup with the box spreader on a dozer is very common here in Ohio. When preparing base for several miles of 4 lane highway it is the most efficient way we have seen.

  7. #7Dualie2008-08-10 00:33

    I don't think I have ever seen one of those setups. we usually just spread with the truck or bottom dump and finish with a blade or a skip loader

  8. #8MUDSLINGERS2008-08-22 23:40

    We have one of those here. We call them jersey spreaders and they are not worth the time the people took to build them. We use them to spread ag base on long two lane county roads sometimes and they are just a big headache!!! It's better to just spread it with a dozer.

  9. #9fensoncont.2008-08-22 23:52

    Interesting you should bring up belly dumps spreading stone Dualie, ES Wagner Co. from Oregon, Ohio utilizes belly dumps quite often for trucking in base. They also will utilize those on their long hauls for trucking in fill on highway projects, instead of off-road trucks. Funny how things differ across the country, nice subject.