Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some of my fathers steam toys

Niall ยท 2013-11-24 11:23

Couldn't buy them as a kid but now giggles endlessly walking his steamroller (3 foot steering handle cause the thing gets so hot... Of course) And a standalone you use with attachments

Replies7
  1. #1Steve Frazier2013-11-24 14:43

    I remember seeing those kits advertised in magazines as a kid.

  2. #2Niall2013-11-24 15:24

    I can only imagine, with today's nannying safety reg. might be hard to give your a kid a pressurized metal vessel that gets to over boiling temp that shoots steam and fueled by those bricks

  3. #3jackd2013-11-24 16:05

    I`ve seen them in higher end toy stores up here and not that many years ago.

  4. #4glenlunberg2013-11-24 20:49

    I think my son will like to have these toys. Just wondering where I can buy all of these toys?

  5. #5Niall2013-11-25 11:55

    the roller i remember is a "mamod" steam toy seems like they are still doing it

  6. #6ron542013-11-27 15:44

    Yes Mamod still going. Still popular over here in the U.K.

  7. #7Tinkerer2013-11-30 07:28

    It seems Mamod is alive and well. http://www.mamodonline.co.uk/?gclid=CJz7zfXAjLsCFbBAMgodzlgAKw