Figured Id give it a shot to throw a few pics up. Its my 3rd week on this job and I really like it. Im running a 580M turbo series 2. As of today 3 crews, 3,000ft left out of 9000ft all together. We are running 8inch plastic gas main.
few more.........pics are scattered
one more, end of the day today.
Nice pics man, I can't tell from the photos, but are you guys bedding/burying the line in sand, or straight backfilling? And what do you do when you get to the rock after the hoe's pecked it out?
still keepin ya busy huh Jim? Looks like the job is goin good.
Jim, I dig to a depth of 4 1/2 feet. We put 6 inches of sand on the bottom and a foot of sand on top of the pipe. Compact and lay the tracing wire on the sand. Add another lift of backfill, compact again, and then put the tape down. Fill in some more and then depending on wether its in the road or off the road top it off with gravel and prep for asphalt. Depending on what Im doing with the backhoe, the bobcat will do alot of the sanding and some backfill work. When I finish digging if the bobcat hasnt already put a load on the tri-axle, I do. Excess and anything 6inch of bigger is trucked away and replaced with sand of gravel. Mike, Yep, very greatful to be working added I enjoy the job. Im learning everyday, its a great crew. They are teaching me alot.
looks good.
Jim, Thanks for the reply, I figured you guys were putting sand or screenings around the pipe, it was just difficult to see. Must have a lot of trucked away material with all that ledge to hammer through though.
Nice work, if we tried that type of traffic management we would be run off lock stock and barrel, not that it would be approved to let us begin.