Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some pics from work.

MitchSA ยท 2012-10-17 05:31

One of our road trains, they are 70m long. Its a Kenworth C540, they run a QSK19 up front with a allison auto and double hub reduction diffs. The 3rd trailer down is a powered trailer, it runs a signature with an allison and tri drive sisu hub reduction diffs. Below I'm doing a engine/tranny change out on the trailer. The bin has to be thrown over to get the motor out. We run a few of these, although ours are not this new and clean They are technically underground trucks, they run a DD Series 60 with allison auto's and sisu axle's in both the truck and powertrailer.

Replies5
  1. #1MitchSA2012-10-17 05:49

    This is one of our smaller rigs, its a 904 Kenworth with a signature and 18speed roadranger and tri drive. It pulls 4 trailers and two are powered by signatures,allison auto and meritor/volvo diffs. It comes out of quite a pit/incline so needs the power

  2. #2rare ss2012-10-17 05:59

    so you made it up north where the action it Mitch? is that BCI out at Nullagine?

  3. #3MitchSA2012-10-17 06:36

    Hey mate, nah these two site are out east, around Laverton and Southern cross area. How you been?

  4. #4RocksnRoses2012-10-17 07:05

    Good photos Mitch, how many hours do you get out of the Signatures in the trailers, before you change them out? RnR.

  5. #5MitchSA2012-10-17 07:21

    I'm not 100% sure but I think about 7000 to 10 000. I could be wrong though, I will find out for sure.