Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some sideboom pics

Graham ยท 2009-04-28 16:26

Enjoy these pipelayers. There were a total of 2 571s, one a Midwest hyd conversion, and a smaller Cat. Down the road was an Allis Chalmers HD 21. The pipe is either 24" or 28", I don't remember. I think this is around 50 miles or so Graham

Replies7
  1. #1Buckethead2009-04-28 23:50

    Nice Pics! Those are great pics. Do you have any of the A-C HD21?

  2. #2Graham2009-04-29 09:10

    It was fenced off and I couldn't access it. If I can find it because it probably moved down the line I'll try to get pics. Thanks!

  3. #3hicrop102009-05-02 12:37

    Nice shots.I sold some tractors to Midwestern back about a year ago.They were 3-D9H,1-D8K,2-D6c's.

  4. #4cummins052009-10-23 23:57

    I find it funny how they have no ROPS

  5. #5heavylift2009-10-24 01:54

    some do..... some don't.... I ran something back in the earily 70's. there are a few scary videos out there of one goes.... they all go.... too much pipe... too few sidebooms...

  6. #6Dualie2009-10-24 22:47

    No roller cradles? most of the times i have seen big operators laying in long miles of pipe they just walk along the trench laying in the pipe with roller cradles hanging off the booms.

  7. #7powerjoke2009-10-25 11:25

    I have always thought that a pipelayer was kind of a waste of a machine, i say that not sounding mean but more to the tune that, surely they dont get alot of hours on them and they are only good for one thing and there is always several of them working together. why is it that OSHA dosent require ROPS on them? Pj