Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mobile Chipper

JAK5 ยท 2009-05-07 09:28

There is a new type of off road chipper out there now. It is a lot more mobile and agile than a tracked machine. It goes to the material instead hauling all the material to your chipper. It works good for right of way clearing and biomass harvesting.

Replies11
  1. #1amunderdog2009-05-07 17:31

    Where can a person find more information?

  2. #2Iron Horse2009-05-07 18:16

    This is the one I'd like to have , I'd fit a Diesel engine to it and tow it behind my excavator . I could then snap the Camphor Laurels off with the grab and feed them straight in . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IWPmuBXR10&feature=related Trying to find information on them or if you can buy them in Australia is near impossible . It took some time just to find out i had to Google for Traktor Hackmaschinen instead of Tractor chipper .

  3. #3amunderdog2009-05-07 21:05

    Well if that is the case. Available in America http://www.constructionequipment.com/newProductsDetail/CA6266396.html?taxid=8567 And i guess this is the new improved version http://www.banditchippers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=123&itemId=66 Now you can use it like a robot while you run the excavator.

  4. #4JAK52009-05-08 08:17

    Yes I would say this is an improvement on the tracked mobile chippers. Much more manuverible. The unit fits on a stanard drop deck lowboy without needing special permitting. The machine is built by K2 Manufacturing in Michigan. They also build other logging equipment.

  5. #5JAK52009-05-19 19:34

    Call K2 Manufacturing (906) 428-5199 They can send you what ever you need!! Check out www.youtube.com and type in "k2 940" . That should get you to some other pictures & videos.

  6. #6Iron Horse2009-05-21 02:07

    It's starting to sound like you work for them .

  7. #7JAK52009-05-21 08:23

    Yes I do! Its a small family run operation. Top notch everyday people!

  8. #8digger242j2009-05-22 08:47

    Welcome to the forums, Jak5. I think what Ironhorse is thinking, while being too polite to say it directly, is that the members will tend to trust you more if you disclose your affiliation with a vendor or manufacturer right from the beginning, rather than waiting for somebody to ask you...

  9. #9JAK52009-05-22 09:08

    Duely noted and my apologizes... I participate by my own doing. Not on behalf of the company.... I own an excavating & logging biz so I like to converse with people with the same problems I have on daily. Because we couldn't get what we wanted for equipment we began to build it instead.

  10. #10digger242j2009-05-22 09:13

    I'm sure your apologies are accepted. Happy to have you here.

  11. #11Iron Horse2009-05-22 18:01

    Thank you digger242j , you explained that better than i could have . JAK5 , it's good to have you here . We have people soliciting sales from time to time which is against HEF rules . I hope my query didn't offend .