I figured I might as well post some of the pics I took this winter. We spent about 2 months doing a camp expansion which was just building a few pads, moving a topsoil pile and building a few hundred meters of road. We had 2 450d deere hoes, 2 d7rxr, 4 30 ton trucks, 1 815b and a 14g grader. I ran hoe on this job cutting slope, ditching and loading trucks. First pic I was throwing clay from our ditch to the cat for road fill at -45c Second pic The mechanic putting on a serrated edge. Third pic One of the 7's ripping the frozen topsoil pile Fourth pic Had to switch to the digging bucket. Last Getting corked, spinning tracks for the welder while the hoe was down.
1 digging deep in the borrow pit 2 The last few loads of the topsoil pile. I should of taken a before pic but didnt' think of it. The pile was more than 5000 loads 3 The 7 getting some attention, new bolts on the bear claw/ master link 4 End of job everything lined up 5 The camp The equipment the boss originaly wanted to have was a d8 ripper cat, d6m/n, 5 trucks, 850/800 hoe, 350/330 hoe, 14 grader and 815 packer. The camp didnt like the price tag as this was all hourly not unit price.
After the camp expansion I ended up working in the oilpatch. I ended up running grader, cat, hoe and alot of crazy hours and phone calls in the middle of the night for rig moves, but thats the patch. The scope of work was digging sumps for drilling mud- gelchem and cement pits with the gel chem pits being baffled, lease building reclamation, brushing and burning and searching for orphan coreholes some that were cored in the 70s and also running winch cat on rig moves - pulling trucks and pulling suitcases. The first 3 pics are snowplowing a lease and a pad on the 140. It had sand pics on for about a week until we got serrated edges. Last 2 are a orphan core hole. This was a rare one where they left a stand of pipe down hole. Most of them your looking for a 10'' hole. This one we dug on for about a week looking for the well. It was a 50x50 meter lease and the well was 5m off the treeline, so much for center.
nice pics man
1,2 Backfilling with the 8t. I think this might of been one of the first t's we bought in 06. I ran this cat with 500 hrs on it, it now has close to 10,000. still a pusher. 3 Another orphan corehole but with a shot of the hoe. We had to brush this lease as it was drilled 40 years ago. No pipe or cement on this hole so we had to set a conductor pipe so the well can be cemented. 4 The 8 with the pile ready for burning. This pile was all green poplar so it took a bit to get burning and I got some snow in the pile that didnt help but it was pushed tight. 5 The company truck I got on this site.
nice pics, having trouble burning? talk to chris he will tell you how to get a hell of a fire going lol.
Those are some really cool pics!
oh is your current work load?
Yep this is what i'm doing these days
Setting conductor pipes 1/2 setting pipe 3 pushing the pipe down 4 ready for cement 5 cementing
1 cementing 2/3 burning. Most of this pile was pine and was stacked with a skidder. The pile was about 4-5m high 4 skidder and buncher, not ours 5 We were hanging out on the lease until it got to hot then watched from the truck. This one burnt real nice I went out at around 2am to push the pile up and by 2pm she was out and I spread out the ash and rolled the lease back.