Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sometimes a Great Notion

Knocker of rock ยท 2013-08-29 10:05

Anybody remember this? I'm part way thru on Net-flix

Replies13
  1. #1jackd2013-08-29 11:20

    Good movie - great book.

  2. #2tom trees2013-08-29 12:25

    its a great movie

  3. #3Vigilant2013-08-29 12:44

    Here is a thread which I started, under a different handle: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/63986.htm And another one: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/41740.htm http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/243134.htm The first link just above is a virtual tour of the house as it stands now, and the second link contains some interesting history on the house itself. You can see the house on Google Earth. Look up Kernville, OR. Go upstream just a bit, keeping your eye on the island at the bottom of the screen. At the far-eastern tip of the island, you will see the house. Some more recent info about the Stamper house: It can be bought for a mere $599,000.

  4. #4Vigilant2013-08-29 12:46

    I thought it was an all-time great myself. Loggers die in the movie too, just like in real life. Also true to life, the infamous barberchair strikes.

  5. #5Sigurd2013-08-29 16:57

    Sure remember this movie, saw it forty years ago. Thanks for posting, brings back memories....... Sigurd

  6. #6tom trees2013-08-29 18:09

    man thats and old post on A S thears not to many of us here

  7. #7Vigilant2013-08-29 18:26

    I have read a lot of your posts there. Great site there.

  8. #8Doug19662013-08-29 20:30

    I remember seeing it as a kid on TV. Scene that stuck with me , Henry Fonda walks into some guys office( I think his banker) with his new power saw and he cuts the guys desk in half. Thanks Doug.

  9. #9Vigilant2013-08-29 21:21

    Ya mean this clip? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvDpiUD3lJs Ya b*****d! That was my daddy's desk! Classic.

  10. #10tom trees2013-08-29 21:43

    [video=youtube_share;vKdF-IP7rE0]http://youtu.be/vKdF-IP7rE0[/video]

  11. #110752013-08-29 22:21

    I remember watching that in Zeballos community hall ,sitting on a wooden chair on a Sat night way back in 71 or 72. It was our only movie that week . Left a lasting impression on a 19 year Logger.

  12. #12lg junior2013-08-29 22:51

    This book by Matt Love is about the making of the movie. It came out last year and has some interesting stories. There was also an amateur video made that had some interviews with the author of the book and people who were there for the making of the movie. Sadly I don't think it's available since the maker has past away like all the major actors in the movie. Good movie I never get tired of watching it,

  13. #13Vigilant2013-08-29 23:04

    This book? http://www.amazon.com/Sometimes-Gre...&sr=8-4&keywords=book+sometimes+a+great+movie I just ordered one. Many thanks. That movie is near and dear to my heart, and I seldom even watch a movie.