Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

sound proofing material

nilzlofgren ยท 2007-02-22 18:33

Anybody know where I could get soundproofing material for my 580K? I was thinking of something that I could put on the underside of my hood. Maybe something in a roll that i could glue on.

Replies6
  1. #1farm_boy2007-02-22 19:52

    check this stuff out..... http://www.dynamat.com/ From what I understand it works very well in cutting unwanted noise down.:thumbsup

  2. #2Dozerboy2007-02-22 22:33

    I'm into car audio and I suggest Second Skin Sludge it work great, but call them and ask what they recommend Anthony is a good guy and will do ya right.

  3. #3Countryboy2007-02-23 21:29

    You can also get the foam rubber for car and truck wheel wells in spray cans. With a couple coats you will notice a definant difference. The locomotives we have at the quarry are real old and loud inside the cab. We sprayed the inside of the hood on each one (about 20 cans a piece) with this and the difference was very surprising. I think it was about $3.50 a can. The others options that were mentioned are also good. I've used the Dynamat as well and it works real nice.

  4. #4Wulf2007-02-23 21:41

    You any relation to Nils Lofgren?

  5. #5nilzlofgren2007-03-02 20:14

    I wish,:notworthy that started with aol. i tried nilslofgren, they said no so i tried nilzlofren and they said ok. He is the man though. great guitar player.

  6. #6buckeye backhoe2008-04-29 00:03

    I would check into rhino lining (for truck beds) the hood, it made a big difference on my mower deck.