Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Weight of a backhoe?

06bowtie_guy ยท 2007-02-26 13:22

Hey there, I'd imagine someone will be able to help me out. What is the ball park weight of a 580 case? 4X4. Thanks

Replies19
  1. #1Cat4202007-02-26 13:40

    Depending on the year and options, anywhere from 15-18,000lbs.

  2. #2Lashlander2007-02-26 22:02

    We have a 580K 4X4 with extendahoe and it weighs 16,980# full of fuel. Here's why I know that.

  3. #306bowtie_guy2007-02-27 13:14

    Thanks for the replies!!! Lashlander, that's wild. Placing it on a barge or something?

  4. #4Lashlander2007-02-27 23:32

    Yes, loading a barge for an out of town job.

  5. #5Countryboy2007-02-28 19:39

    You got a pic for everything don't ya? :thumbsup

  6. #6Lashlander2007-02-28 22:47

    ...

  7. #7Countryboy2007-02-28 22:59

    :laugh

  8. #8lgammon2007-04-26 00:09

    our old 580sl i believe our old 580sl will all the goodies wieghed in at around 18500 that is wet with plenty of dirt and mud stuck on it

  9. #9tuney4432007-04-28 11:51

    I remember a few years ago in my John Deere mag,Deere delivered a bunch of iron to an Indian tribe out West on some plateau with no roads.Everything was helicoptered in--neat stuff

  10. #10tnturkey2007-05-04 21:48

    Cool Picture

  11. #11Countryboy2007-05-04 22:26

    Welcome to HEF tnturkey! :drinkup

  12. #12lgammon2007-05-06 23:50

    after some looking the other day dad told me that our new 420e is around 24,500. that surprized us. we thought it was a bit heavyer than the case but not that much

  13. #13mer2010-09-27 12:17

    he all just trying to get my 3 post in so i can ask a few questions...

  14. #14da'yoop2010-09-27 14:44

    welcome to the forum MER. Lots of good info here...

  15. #15jimg2010-09-28 12:12

    Just getting in my three posts. My 580 SuperE weights 11800, but it's not an extendahoe nor 4x4.

  16. #16FarmboySC2010-11-17 21:35

    post Hi, I am a new member and I am just trying to become a full member so I can ask questions. Thanks every one.

  17. #17FarmboySC2010-11-17 21:38

    Hi every one. I have a international 2400 series backhoe that I just recently purchased and I am looking for some answers about the fluids and pivet arms.

  18. #18FarmboySC2010-11-17 21:42

    new member Hi every one. I have just recently purchased an international 2400 series back hoe and I will be asking some questions about the hydraulics on this machine. I am trying to become a full member. Thanks

  19. #19FarmboySC2010-11-17 21:44

    post I am a new member and just trying to get my 3 posts in so that I can ask questions about a 2400 series backhoe that I just recently purchased. Thanks for this site and all it's great members.