I'm working on a DVD of old film that had no sound and I am looking for ideas on where I might find sound effects of heavy equipment diesels. I've looked at some free sound effects sites but none of them have the serious heavy equipment sounds I am looking for. Any ideas anyone?
youtube, and start sorting out the junk from the good. I know in particular there are some good sound clips of euclid tc-12's operating...
if a crane making a pic will work .... heres one of mine just edit out the PIA ironhead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glRPsxaC_Rg
sounds like a good pproject
Well you definately need a lot of 12-71 and 16-71 Detroit Diesel noise along with the big v-12 allison engines that were used in those old machines, some drag cars and WW2 airplanes used those allison engines maybe you could get some of the sound effects from avaition meets. you really need a lot of sound with those old beasts ,you know anyone that ran one much was hard of hearing !!!
Good ideas, thanks. I'll start looking.