Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My new dump truck!

THEPATRIOT ยท 2011-02-05 08:12

I just joined the forum and wanted to show a pic of my truck.It's a 1971 Brockway F361LL,it was ordered new as a tri axle dump.(lift axle will be going back on)Was a one owner truck until a few years ago,owned by a paving co. and has 230K orginal miles.1674 CAT,Spicer air shift 5x4 double OD's,double frame,22" rubber and Rockwell 44's.I plan to giver her a paint job,upgrade to tubeless rubber and work her again when i can.

Replies18
  1. #1tonka2011-02-05 10:17

    hey bud your link is not working, but she sounds like a cool ride, cant wait to see it....

  2. #2THEPATRIOT2011-02-05 10:50

    Here you go!I'm having some trouble with anything bigger than this pic.

  3. #3motrack2011-02-05 11:11

    Cool find! I cant remember last time I saw a Brock on the road...... Here in Indiana they dont know what a Broakway is. My home town in Ohio had a Brock dealer and they were everywhere growing up. I have always wanted to find one to build into a service truck.

  4. #4THEPATRIOT2011-02-05 12:22

    A little bigger pic!

  5. #5The Engine Shed2011-02-05 13:10

    Hi The Patriot, It looks like a pretty nice straight truck , being a paving company it probably didn't work in the bad weather months saving it from the road salt and rust. A guy in Northampton Ma was running a Brockway dump truck daily hauling mostly blacktop up until a couple of years ago , I haven't seen it on the road lately though , maybe they both retired. Keep us posted on the progress. Thanks, Tom

  6. #62stickbill2011-02-05 13:41

    We had a logger here that run some Brockway truck.Run them till there was nothing left to rebuild.And I mean run them hard.

  7. #7THEPATRIOT2011-02-05 15:02

    Correct,this truck sat all winter the frame rails are like new!I know the truck your talking about,John Kelly.He pulled the dump body and pulls a lowbed with it now.I saw it a few weeks back on I-91 near Springfield.Here's a cpl. more pics of the 361.

  8. #8The Engine Shed2011-02-06 09:42

    Hi, That is the truck that I was talking about , John bought it from a lumber co that bought it new. I'll bet it could tell so stories. Tom

  9. #9WV Logger2011-03-25 19:03

    thats a nice truck

  10. #10Dustin03302011-03-27 17:50

    I love them old Brockways! There's an old Brockway wrecker running around here that I'd love to have.

  11. #11shopteacher 12011-03-28 10:18

    Nice Find, hope you enjoy it! John

  12. #12wards man2012-11-15 15:12

    I worked for ward pavments.They got 5 of these from sister co colprovia. its nice to see one of them again.it has been over 34 years since i worked on them.

  13. #13CM19952012-11-15 19:23

    Welcome to the Forums wards man! Glad to have ya'.:drinkup

  14. #14OzDozer2012-11-15 19:52

    That's a real nice ole truck and it looks to be in pretty neat shape. We never got any Brockways in Australia, but I understand they were a real beast of a truck, and put into the toughest jobs. Good find!

  15. #15TozziWelding2012-11-16 00:48

    A real Brockway, before the Mack cab. There are a lot of them here in MA they were a popular east coast truck.

  16. #16tuney4432012-11-16 10:50

    I remember those trucks from Colprovia in Newburgh.That was a long time ago for sure.Welcome to the site X2

  17. #17GreenMtnMan2012-11-27 19:05

    You have a nice truck there. Don't think I've ever heard a 1674 run before. Does it sound like any of the other Cat models? I got a pic of the one from Mass at a truck show in 2004.

  18. #18JGibson2016-06-29 18:34

    Do you still have this truck?