Hey guys I am new to the wonderfull world of backhoe's being a bit of a hobbiest by nature and a automotive mechanic makes these things very appealing . I bought a completely worn out jcb c3 mk 2 hoe it needs to be rebuilt front to back and top to bottom . I know jcb is one of the largest manufacturers in the world but i don't know how many of these are to be found in north america it was built in about 78 and i am wondering if they were even importing them to north america at that time ? where could i get some reasonably priced parts such as pins and bushings? are those avaiable aftermarket? or do i have to go to jcb to get them ? I think i need about every pin and bushing that it came with and my wife encourages me to keep a lid on the price of the unit she is kinda a poor sport about these things .I hope you guys can steer me in the right direction btw i am located in canada thanks in advance
I moved speedbuff's post to a thread of it's own, since it didn't quite fit in the JCB "fastrak" thread. And, speedbuff, welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!
Welcome speedbuff to the forum . Did you scroll down to the previous post "Good place to buy parts"? Check around at a few machine shops too. Not sure about the added cost for hardening though. Phil:canada
speedbuff, I couldn't tell you where to get the parts but know someone who can. One of our parts managers has been dealing with JCB for around 30 years. Shoot me an email and I'll get you contact info. [email protected]