Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Southern Spreader information

Mark250 ยท 2020-06-18 03:59

Hi all, I am doing some repair work on a "southern spreader"(Australian model) and if any members have access to these machines I was after the information off the id plates of the spinner Hyd drive motors and the conveyer Hyd drive motor Thank You Mark

Replies18
  1. #1mitch5042020-06-18 12:18

    I do a lot with spreaders, but I have never heard of a Southern Spreader. I'll help with anything I can, though. I googled them out of curiosity, nice website, looks like they offer lots of support even for old equipment. Some of the trucks they put them on made me jealous.

  2. #2Mark2502020-06-18 18:10

    Thanks for your reply mitch504 I am after spinner motor speed ranges and the torque required to drive them Also belt feed rates for gearbox sizing and hyd motor sizing info Thanks

  3. #3Tones2020-06-18 18:46

    For the spinner Agrispread uses an 80cc motor for each spinner. Flow in cc divided by motor size = motor rpm.Pressure = torque. Southcott and Berendsens have a heap of info on their websites that may help.

  4. #4mitch5042020-06-18 22:47

    Also, the spinners should turn 750 rpm. Both the New Leader and Speedy Spread spreaders that I run have run 750 for years, and it says on Southern's website under Research and Development that they have gone from specifying 1140 RPM to 750, and are getting good results. I sometimes cut my Speedy Spread as low as 250 for game food plots and trails, but for field work both are run at 750. It doesn't take much torque at all for the spinners.

  5. #5mitch5042020-06-18 22:51

    Belt feed rate depends on: 1. the size of your gate opening 2. the density of the material to be spread 3. width of your spread pattern 4. the spread rate desired All of these factors are required to determine belt speed needed

  6. #6Mark2502020-06-19 16:33

    Thanks guys appreciate all your help

  7. #7mitch5042020-06-19 19:41

    No problem

  8. #8Tones2020-06-19 19:46

    No wucken furries

  9. #9Mark2502020-06-19 23:22

    Just talking to a local contractor. He has 6 of these machines and every one has different size motors on the spinners?????????? I will catch up with him early next week to have a look at them and try and figure what i need for this project

  10. #10Tones2020-06-20 01:07

    The pump sizes could have a fair bearing on the different motors. All the spinners could be doing the same RPM ( edit) when you have a look next week, take note of how the motors are plumbed, in series or parallel. It can be the difference in motor sizes also

  11. #11Mark2502020-06-20 04:33

    Tones from what I have seen so far when in series the motor cc ratings are about 30 to 35. if any one is interested I will post what info I find next week Mark

  12. #12mitch5042020-06-20 11:14

    I am sure there will be a speed control valve for the spinner motors. Yeah, let us know, we're thinking now.

  13. #13Mark2502020-06-26 18:47

    Hi had a look at two machines this week both the exact same base model machine #1 Rexroth double pump A A10V045DFR1/52R PUC62N00 45CM3 2600RPM DR250BAR MNR R902400418 S/N60658737 Gearbox motor Eaton 629A (the rest of numbers unreadable) Spinner motors cant read tags Flow divider Haldex D series rotary divider 50;50 This is the information off the first machine can you guys help me with understanding the pump numbers. I could not find this pump on the net The spinner motors are in parallel with a rotary flow divider the disc size is 750 mm Also need help identifying the motors for this as well Also could not identify the gearbox

  14. #14Mark2502020-06-26 19:04

    machine #2 Rexroth double pump A21V045DFR1/31R-PRC12N00-S S/N 00275098 45CM3 FD13W15 DR20MPA FR 18MPA spinner motors are HDM30-61R1-04S3-ODOD these motors are in series Gearbox is a Rogelberg 5702-M-2 with 2 bolt flange for hydraulic motor I cant identify the motor for the gear box I need help understanding the pump numbers and to identify the gear box drive motor

  15. #15Mark2502020-06-26 19:14
  16. #16Tones2020-06-27 02:02

    https://www.boschrexroth.com/en/us/...ts/goto-hydraulics/pumps/a1vo-series-10/index Usually the first 2 numbers are the size in cc. Rexroth and Danfoss use this for pumps and motors, others could do as well

  17. #17Mark2502020-06-27 06:39

    thanks Tones that's a good site but I still cant find anything on the A21VO4 pump

  18. #18Tones2020-06-27 18:45

    Being a Chinese made pump it could be a little bit different..