Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Speaking of chaiins

DPete ยท 2015-01-14 08:15

We put new chains (non Cat) on one of the 623's 500 hours ago, 95% of the outer rollers are locked up so it's wearing on one side instead of all the way around. So far we have washed with water truck hose, used many cans of penetrating oil, tried diesel, yesterday I got a rose bud and a 24" pipe wrench even that won't break them loose. Called the well known supplier and bitched, they are working on a deal to replace, still a lot of work to replace even if they give them to me. Can't win on this deal, anybody had it happen?

Replies3
  1. #1Terexisking2015-01-15 03:22

    Had it happen, after we removed them and cut apart , they were rusted inside. Must have been old stock that sat outside.

  2. #2DPete2015-01-15 07:31

    That is what I suspect happened, maybe the clearance between outer and inner is to close we'll find out next week when we swap them out.

  3. #3td25c2015-01-15 19:26

    That would be my guess DPete . I have a few rollers stuck on the WABCO chain . I will try smacking the link pin back & forth a few times first to try to gain a little side clearance then add some heat to the roller & pipe wrench . Hopefully your new chain will take care of the trouble .