Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Special tool Timing cover S250 bobcat

dzldoctor · 2014-04-07 14:35

Replacing the timing belt on the S250 and looking for the special tamper proof torx looking thing to remove the timing cover. I had borrowed it one other time to do a belt and looking to purchase it for myself. Not sure what its called. I have all the tamper proof torx torx plus and other special but this is different.

Replies7
  1. #1dzldoctor2014-04-07 15:14

    Help ME please.

  2. #2CRAFT2014-04-08 00:06

    Just a curious question ??? …… are you replacing a timing chain within the motor ??? ….. or are you replacing the Pump drive belt located on the Left side of the motor (facing the engine from the tailgate) …. behind the cover where the Battery is located ????

  3. #3dzldoctor2014-04-08 08:19

    Got it, was doing a timing belt in the vehicle. Takes a 5 point security style torx. Only 5 star with pin in the middle.

  4. #4cps2014-04-08 17:02

    I think they are called just what you called them "5 point anti tamper torx" Or thats what ive called them! http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Point-sta...0727602496&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr Aiden

  5. #5popsiclepete2014-04-08 20:46

    Most fastener store will sell them individual or in a set. Acklands Grainger caries them, Fastenall I believe is also in your area should have them as well.

  6. #6willie592014-04-08 21:00

    I think it's called a 5 point tamper proof star plus.

  7. #7crewchief8882014-04-10 20:07

    ^^^ thats it :drinkup