Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Specs and possible availability on an Alice Chalmers generator

Homer Dokes ยท 2025-11-05 13:47

Anyone know if a 1966 A/C charging generator... even used... can be had? The one on mine has never worked since I have had it and I am just getting around to addressing it. Also... if the specs... i.e. output current and voltage is known that would be greatly appreciated. I know the system is 24 volts but I have to believe the generator output is a bit higher than that. I know there is a regulator involved as well.

Replies4
  1. #1ps66x42025-11-05 17:35

    I don't know anything about that generator but do you have a rebuilding business in the area you can ask? I'm lucky to have three within half hour.

  2. #2Homer Dokes2025-11-05 18:07

    You are lucky. We used to have a good one just 5 minutes away but his son took over the business and now rebuilds are like 20th on his priority. Actually considering rebuilding myself if necessary.

  3. #3Joe H2025-11-13 14:37

    How about some pictures of it? Might be common to others. Joe H

  4. #4Homer Dokes2025-11-13 14:39

    I'll get some by tomorrow.