Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Specs for 235

ror76a ยท 2008-02-07 11:42

Does anyone have specs for a Cat 235, 32k series, w/ the 12' stick? I am looking for reach, dig depth, etc. Breakout forces and lifting capacity would be nice to know too.

Replies13
  1. #1drag1line2008-02-07 17:44

    Cat 235 The Cat 235 which was introduced in the late 1970's, came to my memory in 235, B, C, and D series by the time it ended production in the early 1990's. Which model do you have?

  2. #2Burnout2008-02-07 19:50

    Specs......OLD!

  3. #3ror76a2008-02-07 20:31

    Mine is a 79, an "A" model. Thus the 32K S/N. Hey, watch what your calling old. I have a couple machines older than this one that we still use. On second thought, maybe I should have put this in old iron...

  4. #4Burnout2008-02-07 21:11

    Ha ha, I actually love old equipment. It's more fun to operate and as my grandfather told me, old equipment actually needs an operator. Almost anyone can run new equipment.

  5. #5drag1line2008-02-07 22:35

    Found this site so far...Love a challenge http://www.ssbtractor.com/tractor_manual_search.cgi Knew I should have not thrown that stuff away!!

  6. #6dirtwhore2008-02-07 22:48

    Found this in the Caterpillar Performance Handbook. Built from 73-86. 195 ponies, 89,700 pounds. Max reach (with longest stick and one piece boom) 36'10". Lift (long stick, one piece boom) 17,300 pounds. Hope this helps! Im sure you already know the length, width, height, and track gauge since you own that beauty! Jason

  7. #7RollOver Pete2008-02-08 01:35
  8. #8ror76a2008-02-10 19:47

    Thanks guys, I think that it actually weighs in closer to 75,000 than the 89,000- that sounds more like the weight of a C or D model, haven't weighed it though. Does anyone know the breakout forces or depth? Here are a couple pictures of the old beast.

  9. #9Turbo218352008-02-10 22:42

    Cant find any breakout #s. Heres the rest according to the cat phb edition 37. 235 built 73-86, 195hp, tips the scales at 86,700lbs. 8'10" track guage. 11'2" height. 11'4" wide. Max reach reach is 36'10" with one piece boom, longest stick. 17,300lb lift capacity at 15' over front, one piece boom and longest stick. Thats all the info I can find on the 235 in my handbook

  10. #10JDOFMEMI2008-02-14 21:51

    The newer handbooks only give a brief overview of the former models, so I dug out my edition 14 performance book, applicable to the 32K 235. 195 HP 85,075# operating weight 40,200# bucket curl force with short radius bucket 35,700# with long radius bucket 39,600# stick crowd force with short stick 35,600# with med stick 30,600# with long stick Hope that helps

  11. #11ror76a2008-02-15 09:32

    Thanks JDOFMEMI, thats exactly what I was looking for.

  12. #12Gustavo Pacheco2018-09-24 10:23

    Hi, does anyone knows or have the information about the refill capacities of the different compartments for a 235B, specially the hydraulic tank? Thanks! Best regards!

  13. #13Nige2018-09-24 11:02

    You didn't specify which model of 235B so these numbers are for a 9PC-prefix machine. Please remember that they are only approximate, always use the sight glass, level plug, or dipstick as appropriate to ensure a compartment is correctly filled.