Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Specs on a 955K

CAT D9H ยท 2008-10-05 13:22

We are looking at a used Cat 955K (61H) track loader with a ripper and general pourpose bucket, I was wondering if someone could give me the specs for one , like what engine it would have , hp, bucket capacity and operating weight Thanks

Replies28
  1. #1bruce oz2008-10-05 15:31

    955k hello CAT D9Hthe specs for the 955k 61h,built in 1967-68 engine =d330t 115hp ,bucket=1.75 cu yd ,weight= 28000 pounds ,length= 16'6'' ,width=6'9'' ,height=9'3''. bruce oz

  2. #2RollOver Pete2008-10-05 15:37

    955K Built from 1966-71 115 Flywheel Horsepower 28,000 lbs operating weight 1.75 yd. bucket. 16'6'' length 6'9'' width 9'3" to top of stack

  3. #3bruce oz2008-10-06 05:42

    yrs hello Pete,would you mind posting the yrs built for the 955k ,my book only shows 67-68 ,and then i can update my book ,thank you ,bruce oz

  4. #4Sparffo2008-10-13 13:36

    Pete! what are those red/white stripes on the side and fron of the machine? some company stickers or just "pimp my ride" stuff? nice loader!

  5. #5special tool2008-10-14 06:37

    HAHAHA... That is 3M high visibility DOT tape I have it on a lot of my stuff too, where it doesn't really need to be. Just because it looks cool.

  6. #6Sparffo2008-10-14 11:17

    That could be good on a walking excavator, so you don't get hit by a car when walking in the dark from one mine to another

  7. #7special tool2008-10-14 18:54

    That is an EXCELLENT point, thank you. I shall put some on my excavator tommorow.

  8. #8Red Bank2008-10-19 21:39

    I got a 955k last week. Was wondering the fuel tank capacity and where is a good place to buy a replacement seat. This is my first loader, previous experiences with excavators. The plan is to work it around the farm and learn the machine. Thanks

  9. #9will_gurt2008-10-20 16:47

    Pure guess here as it's been sometime since I have filled a 955. Around 40 U.S. gallons. That would get you in park,so to speak. As for the seat, Not sure on that one $$$$ go back to CAT:beatsme or look for a local seat repair place and rework yours.

  10. #10Red Bank2008-10-20 19:20

    Will, thanks for the reply, I will check at Cat. The seat is original and someone took some foam and wrapped it in a feed sack for extra cushion. It works, but I would rather have a new seat. Planning on spending lots of seat time learning how to operate this thing! At least the price of fuel is going down some!

  11. #11Sparffo2008-10-27 07:39

    Lets try if this works: http://www.ritchiespecs.com/compari..._1=93218&mid_2=93228&mid_3=103760&mid_4=93219 I choose some track loaders for equipment comparison, there you have quite good specs for 941b, 953, 955k, 955L. The 941 is in no way in the same class as the other, but took it only for fun. The http://www.ritchiespecs.com/ site is absolutely amasing! hope they get moore equipment for comparasion also! the 955H would also be nice to see! maybe someone has the specs to provide for the wikipedia style site?

  12. #12Pete14682008-11-28 19:59

    Can someone help me with the dipsticks below the floor cover on a 955k? I've purchased one and haven't found an owners manual yet, I'm wanting to use it and need to know what kind of oil to put in and where it goes to. I'm a new member so I can't start a new thread yet. I promise I'll have pictures when I can.

  13. #13Red Bank2008-11-30 09:48

    The dipstick closest to the seat is for the steering clutch compartment, the other one is for the transmisson, if you remove panel under the pedals you can follow the fill tubes down to each component. Both take SAE 30 over 32 degrees, under 32 degrees F use SAE 10W.

  14. #14Red Bank2008-11-30 09:50

    Also when looking for books on the machine at least pick up a copy of the Lubrication an Maintenance Guide. It is about 38 pages, not very big, but packed with about everything you need to know.

  15. #15Pete14682008-11-30 14:48

    Thanks for the info, that's what I'd really like so I can change the oils and do my own maintance.

  16. #16alan627b2008-11-30 17:59

    You can get brand new reproduction Cat manuals from your dealer, or if the parts guy is a moron, call the printer here. Caterpillar Legendary Service Literature The Midland Press Davenport, Iowa 52807 1-800-2287821 fax 1-319-355-3690 Now printed in an easier to read 8.5X11 format, the quality is good as the originals. Cost app. $50 each, you'll need your serial number. You'd want the Lubrication and Maintenance guide for sure, possibly the Serviceman's Reference book and parts book. Might want to play the Ebay game for some of that. Late 955K's probably were upgraded to the 3306 engine. The L's were for sure. Hope this helps, Alan627b

  17. #1766ken2008-11-30 18:07

    I'm sure he means 3304 engine.

  18. #18alan627b2008-12-01 18:35

    I stand corrected...just dug my 951C/955L/977L brochure, Form AE021120-01, out of the file...the 955L does indeed have a D330 4 cylinder turbocharged engine, 425 CID or 7 litre, rated at 130 horsepower. the 951C has the same engine, non turboed, rated at 95 HP. The 977L has the D333 6 cylinder, rated at 190 hp, which I am betting was changed to the 3306 later in it's production.. 955L Specs 955L Bucket capacity 1.75-2.25 yard 6 roller track frame Guage 66" Standard shoe width 15" Machine width without bucket 7'1" Height 9'3" to top of stack, 7'6" to top of seat. Length, drawbar to front of track 11' Lenght to tip of bucket (varies according to bucket) GP type 16'3" Max height to top of spill guard, GP bucket, 16'3" bucket raised. Operating weight 30,200 2 yard bucket, 30,400 2.25 yard bucket. These specs are for a machine with no ROPS, not sure exactly what year brochure this is. Guessing from the specs, the scarifier adds app. 6,770 lbs to the machine. This is what the static tipping load is increased by when a ripper is added. Open rops probably adds another 1-2000 pounds. Hope this helps! Alan627b

  19. #19trob2009-09-22 00:54

    Fuel Tank My 955k 85J series has a 57 gal tank

  20. #20trob2009-09-22 01:01

    Spec Plate There should be a plate on the right near the armrest that has all the info you are looking for. I saw you were looking for bucket teeth in another post. It wouldn't let me reply. I have gotten bucket teeth from heavyquip for about 10 bucks each but you'll need your part number.

  21. #21Dozer-Dan2015-12-03 20:39

    Cheers I'll take another look but I haven't seen anything.

  22. #22Kirby955k2021-05-05 06:49

    Good morning, Could anyone assist with determining the year and what engine is in my 955k Cat. The serial number is 85j00478. Local cat dealer parts guy couldn't find anything on it. I'm planning to sell it and want to give the correct information on it. I was told by one cat person that it may be a 3304. When I had the panels off I didn't think to try to locate the engine number, but now that I'm going to post it... I'm just not certain enough after reading some posts on it possibly having a d330. If the engine number is critical to have I can travel down there this weekend to obtain it and then repost. Thanks for any help. This was a fun machine for some of my hobby work. Hate to have to sell it.

  23. #23361brock2021-05-05 07:28

    Late model 85j K's and all the L's used the 3304, All 951C's also used the 3304

  24. #24361brock2021-05-05 07:32

    I see you still have the 24V generator, good luck finding replacement for that, you'll need to upgrade to alternator if the need arises. Looks like you indeed have the d330.

  25. #25Nige2021-05-05 10:14

    The 3304 engine was not introduced in the 955K until machine S/N 85J06247. Earlier machines had the D330 engine.

  26. #26Rusted2021-05-05 18:43

    The engine in the pics is a D330c

  27. #27Bluox2021-05-06 12:49

    Also known as a 3304 with the machine serial number and not it's own. Bob

  28. #28Kirby955k2021-05-08 06:29

    Thanks for all your help!