Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

977l bucket

stumpjumper83 ยท 2008-09-24 22:24

So I found this 977L that has a bucket on it that I've never seen before. I though maybe some of you might have seen one like it. I though it might be like some kinda carry dozer blade with the grozer set up thats on the loader, but the bucket has cutting edges on the bottom of the bucket like a standard bucket instead of a front cutting edge like a blade... Anybody else know?

Replies17
  1. #1dumpchuck2008-09-25 00:11

    Looks to me as if it may be a waste handling bucket used in landfill or transfer station applications.

  2. #2dumpchuck2008-09-25 00:14

    Is that a 977 or a 955? I thought 977s had 2 carrier rollers, haven't seen one in quite awhile, so I may be mistaken.

  3. #3stumpjumper832008-09-25 00:21

    your right is a 55L not a 77L. So you just use the bucket to push? Doesn't look like it has enough lip to load effectively.

  4. #4surfer-joe2008-09-25 00:24

    Also unusual is that it has regular 'dozer' style grousers instead of street shoes. I'm thinking that the bucket is a demo type.

  5. #5dumpchuck2008-09-25 00:28

    I have seen these buckets on 963s, part of a waste handling arangement

  6. #6Countryboy2008-09-26 03:16

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums dumpchuck! :drinkup

  7. #7OneWelder2008-09-26 19:12

    Never have seen a bucket like that - I also see it is bolt on edge with no teeth - I think these came with weld on edge Machines that I have seen that worked in landfill op. all had a lot of corrosion esp . around track frames. Infact I have seen idlers fall off because of this! track frame rusted completely through . Iam talking about 955 -but including earlier models

  8. #8Sparffo2008-09-27 03:33

    One of my machines has been at a landfill for years, and it really shows! many bolts are almost rusted away :beatsme But man i would like to have that machine! would be a real beast at the Motocross track and at the soil land fill. please, could somebody tell me the correct word for this "soil land fill", its like a land fill but they only dump excess soil from construction sites? This place were i have one machine is working is used to stabilize ground, the rocks and sand are as a weight on the clay that is under, so they have stable ground to build houses on after some years.

  9. #9CM19952008-09-27 11:56

    Hey Sparffo, In my area we call them Inert Fill sites, for the nature of the material recieved- rock, concrete, cured asphalt, dirt, block, brick etc. Inert since the materials do not break down or change their composition like wood or other debris. They serve a valuable service keeping these items out of landfills, thus preserving landfill space. The benefit is "reclaiming" land that otherwise would not be useful. There are a couple around my town that charge and some that are free. One company has a pretty good business buying holes and gullies, setting up shop and charging people to dump.

  10. #10D5G2008-10-10 11:23

    cool loader, might have to try one in 1:50th

  11. #11AtlasRob2008-10-12 16:11

    I know that as surcharging. A reclaimed area with pumped ashore sand from several years earlier was surcharged with more sand about 6 to 8 feet high and left for over a year. I ended up moving that pile several times over a couple of years from one plot to another, then another Soil land fill. An " inert fill " area here too, or a tip as it is more often refured to, as opposed to land fill which is a rubbish tip :beatsme

  12. #12Sparffo2008-10-28 10:51

    I found a video on youtube where they have a similar bucket! they are loading a truck with a 977 L or K. Man it would need grease... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqr5D4oQkLc&feature=related

  13. #13OneWelder2008-10-28 14:20

    Could this have started out as a Grapple type ?

  14. #14Turbo218352008-10-28 14:29

    The bucket on that machine looks to be a side dump bucket. Mainly used on pipe crews where space is at a premium. Its a slick set up, you can drive along the trench dumping gravel as you go. Its also handy for dumping into the hoe bucket when the hoe needs material to place under the pipe, or lock a pipe into place before he digs his next section.

  15. #15hvy 1ton2008-10-28 15:25

    Both those buckets look like the ones used in the landfill with the track loaders. One of the ones Hamm uses has a to finger grapple on it that can get big wad of trash moved in a hurry.

  16. #16worm2008-12-03 16:17

    my guess is its a 955 with a waste bucket

  17. #17dumpchuck2008-12-04 13:04

    Heres a 973C waste handler that sold at auction recently on Iron Planet. Same type of bucket.