Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Spectra Precision Laser receiver on backhoe

WScott ยท 2007-10-31 19:02

Does anyone use the cr600 receiver that can mount on the backhoe? I love my laser and receiver alot. A mount came with the unit to mount the receiver on the stick of the backhoe just above the bucket somewhere and you can dig on grade. If this works well then it would free up the grade man in the ditch to do other stuff. I would like to speak with someone who has used this. thanks warren

Replies6
  1. #1Woodstock2007-11-01 22:09

    I have a spectra precision 1242 laser with a cr 600 receiver. I have never used it on a backhoe but I use it on my D4G dozer. I have a rod on the blade I mount it to and sit in the seat and watch the arrows. I Rough cut a pad 150' X 100' And had it with in two inches and never got off the seat except to check it by hand when I finished. have heard of people using them on the backhoe but they told me it was tricky to get in the same position to get an accurate reading, dunno though. But I have had good luck with my laser.

  2. #2CascadeScaper2007-11-02 01:10

    We have the CR600 reciever. I mounted it once to the excavator, seeemed to do the trick. I still don't mind jumping out and checking grade with a rod, though. My dad uses it alot for cutting retaining wall footings and such, it's pretty slick. Just remember to get it setup so you know exactly what position to put the machine in for an accurate reading, this is the tricky part.

  3. #3tuney4432007-11-06 23:00

    I believe I have the same setup.I haven't used it yet,but now you reminded me,so I'll let you know.

  4. #4skata2007-11-07 00:41

    i bought and used the cr600 reciever also. i think it kicks butt. i put it on a 220 size excavator to dig a full basement. i didnt need a man in the hole to check grade, but i did double check the grade myself a few times with the stick since it was my first hole that i dug. well worth the money.

  5. #5ringer2008-02-14 17:58

    any one tried depth master 200 or bullseye 5 are they worth the extra grand. i just started up my own backhoe bus.

  6. #6Countryboy2008-02-15 18:01

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums ringer! :drinkup