I have a Deere 750K dozer .. dash board warning says right speed sensor unresponsive.. So has anyone have experience of diagnosing whether its a bad sensor or maybe wiring harness is bad. The sensor is $697 with no recourse for return if I open the box it comes in. Also I found the same “part# sensor “ on Amazon and EBay for half of the price of Deere.. Deere guy says not the same quality as Deere’s part# ..lol.. so please give me your opinion and experience… Thanks in advance!
swap right hand sensor with left side and see if the problem follows. If the code goes to left side unresponsive then it’s probably the sensor. If it stays the same then probably wiring.
Thanks! I’ll try that
I switched the sensors from left to right and vice versa… now I have no active codes … just have stored codes edit to add…. After further review… after raising dozer tracks off shop floor with blade and ripper and running tracks a while longer active code now show left side sensor unresponsive. my question now would be do I go ahead and change out both sensors? Dozer has approx. 5000 hrs .. Also Deeres price on these sensors is $697@ … I found them on Amazon and eBay for about half that price… I guess I need to decide which way I want to go?
I would go with the oem
I’d just change the faulty sensor for now
Buy cheap, buy twice for electronic components like a speed sensor. Unless there is some sort of update to the sensors in which case it might pay to replace both.
And a calibration is required after sensor replacement.
Would recalibration also be needed after swapping R-L and back. Or just to relearn new sensors. Just curious.
If the original sensors end up in their original position, then no.
Hi Geno & 8V71. Sometime Air gap between sensor and tone wheel play major role for sensor not working. Can you please let me know Actual Air gap and Some images so that I Can learn something in such sensor working principles and suggest you some solution.
Hi Geno & 8V71. Sometime Air gap between sensor and tone wheel play major role for sensor not working. Can you please let me know Actual Air gap and Some images so that I Can learn something in such sensor working principles and suggest you some solution.