Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Splitting track on a Dresser TD 7G

JPV ยท 2022-09-20 15:12

My father in law has this machine, he just sent me this pic and said the track tensioner seal blew out. What do these use for a master link? Is it the alligator clips or a pin, I ran these a lot years ago but don't remember what it took to split the tracks. It is about an hour and a half away and I wouldn't mind a little info before I go because I am pretty sure I will be the one fixing it.

Replies2
  1. #1balls2go2022-09-20 19:11

    What series is it? Nevermind, I see you stated it's a G. I have a TD 9 H and the track separates with the alligator links.

  2. #2JPV2022-09-20 20:26

    Thanks, this one has it too fortunately, I told him what to look for and he found it.