Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Spool issue in the main control valve – Hitachi UH122

Scgm ยท 2017-03-15 14:56

ok guys thank in advance for your help This fall I have removed all the main valve in my hitachi uh122 because they were all leaking. I'm currently replacing the seals and everything but when I put the spool back in the valve it seems like the spool jam in the valve. I can move them a bit and turn them before removing them but when it's time to put them back in I can't turn them with my hand just like I did when i got them out. Help!

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2017-03-16 09:58

    I'm not familiar with that valve. In general, if they're sectional valves then tightening them too much can cause enough deflection that they bind. Or possibly getting something assembled with the wrong thickness between the valve bodies would do the same thing. If they go back in fine, just not loose enough to turn by hand (hand directly on the spool, not the control handle?), then are they oiled? If they all move with the control handle similarly, then I'd say they're probably fine. Just not wore out seals anymore.

  2. #2Scgm2017-03-16 10:04

    Thanks for the reply I made sure the inside of valve and the spool outside were well lubricated and made sure to enter them as straight as humanly possible. some I can turn by hand, some I need a tool to turn them around.