This is the loader control valve for my 300b. It is supposed to have a float function activated by a detent in the cap. I can not get it into the detent or remove the spool from the cap. I have tried soaking it in penetrating oil for days, I've tried tapping around the cap with a hammer to loosen the detent springs, I've tried pulling as hard as I can, I've tried using a screwdriver through the end and tapping with a hammer to get it out. Im afraid to go much harder to get it out but it seems its supposed to just come off. Any experience with this? Id really appreciate help.
In the manual , shows a metal band that wraps around the cap securing the detents and springs. Suggest to cut that band to clean out dirt and crap.. Make a clean enough cut and can likely reuse it. .
I may try that. Id be nervous about ruining it. Can't seem to get replacements. Maybe i can try to shimmy it up and over the beveled part. Thanks!
Skinny Zip Disc or 32 tooth cobalt hacksaw blade at an angle for cutting, might get it loose. Also hitting it not too hard on that exact band with a small ball peen hammer while the backside is against something solid may help release it. Simon C